Chapter 3 - The Kingdom

Sarah explored the suite in full, taking time to open cabinets and doors. The sitting room was more modernized than she expected with a television and radio. How he had them in the underground she didn't know. Her guess was that he'd been to the above ground long enough to enjoy them, and used his Fae magic to get them here.

There were 2 full bathrooms as well as two walk in closets. Sarah ran her hands along the garments. They felt soft and rough at the same time, like nothing she'd ever felt before. Sarah pulled a simple, yet elegant dress off a hanger and changed into it. She had the sudden urge to feel the unique fabric over her skin. She laughed to herself and twirled around like a little girl before sitting at the vanity table to brush out her long brown locks.

"Should I have accepted?" She whispered to the room. "Would I be better off dead? He doesn't seem much changed..."

The bedroom was truly gorgeous. The bed was huge, bigger than any she'd seen before. The color palette in the room was varying shades of purple and white.

To the left, another set of double doors opened onto a balcony. Sarah walked out onto it and her breath was taken away. Not only does the balcony look onto the castle grounds, but also the entire Labyrinth and Goblin City. She hadn't realized just how much Jareth had to rule over.

Just at that moment, Jareth entered the suite to see Sarah admiring his, no their, kingdom. He silently walks behind her and gently places a hand on her shoulder. Her body stiffens but she forces herself to relax. Encouraged by this, Jareth uses his other hand to point out various parts of the kingdom.

"Far off to the left is where you first met Hogbrain -"

"Hoggle!" Jareth chuckled at Sarah's annoyance.

"Yes pet. There is where you fell into one of my oubliette's." On and on he pointed things out. "And way out there where the lush green trees begin, that is my brother Antony's kingdom. You will meet him in time." He removes his hand from her shoulder and she shivers at the sudden cold. "And now my pet, it is dinner time."