Regret - Part Two

Marinette's POV

I felt the heavy raindrops coming. Chat didn't say a word.
Nothing.
He stood still as a statue. Did he knew Adrein in his other alter ego?
"Chat? Are you okay."
Chat stiffen. "Yea, yea. Nothing to worry about. U-uh I gotta go. I'll see later."

I saw him jump off the roof.
Great, I scared him away. I lost my crush, and my partner.
I felt my tears begin streaming down my cheeks.

I can't handle being rejected no more. The rain gets heavier.
It's time to go.

I finally arrived home. I transformed into Marinette. I flew upon my bed heartbroken. It kills me to be rejected by Adrein, but it kills me even more to be rejected by Chat.
Tikki tried everything in her power to make me feel better.
I stood up, and tear down all my Adrien posters.

I have to let go. Even if it hurts me.
I struggled while taking the photos down. Eventually I was Adrien free-zone.

Tikki patted my back. "Your strong Marinette. I'm glad your helping yourself. This is only the first step."
I nodded at her words.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will see Adrein, but I have to stay strong.
I will not be a damsel in distress.
I sigh, due to the fact that my heart is still broken.

I have a job to put Paris before me.
I headed to bed, while gently placing Tikki in the covers.
Tomorrow is a new day.

Adrien's POV
(Morning)

I barely got any sleep last night from discovering Ladybug's secret identity.
I don't know if I'm able to face Marinette the same way as I use to.
"Plagg I need help." My little kwami groaned at me.

"So what? Just because Ladybug is the girl who sits behind you in class, and the person who you rejected......oh." Hearing Plagg say that made the situation sound worse than it already is.

"I messed up. What should I do Plagg?"
"Just offer her cheese. That worked for me with Tikki."
Whose Tikki? I shook my head to get back to my problem.

Do I ask out Marinette? Do I tell her I'm Chat?

I paced back and fourth in my room.
"You know, your going to be late for school if you don't stop pacing."
I glanced at the clock, and ran out the door with Plagg in my hands.

Arrive at school
Okay, okay...play it cool.
I noticed Marinette's pingtail scoring around the corner.
God I really hope she isn't going to cry like she did with Chat Noir.

I saw her come up to me. My heart was beating faster than ever. I saw the resemblance between her and Ladybug.

"Good morning Adrien." Said Marinette with a smile.
She didn't shutter, or get nervous.

Did I really missed my chance?

"Mr. Agreste, I suggest you sit down before I have to make you."
I quickly went to my seat.

I can't stop thinking about Marinette
Is she trying to get over me? I guess she has every right to, because of what I did. I never wanted her to cry.
She looked so heartbroken when I saw her on that building.

Maybe after class I'll tell her I like her. Right?

Sigh. No.
It wouldn't be fair for Marinette. If I did, I only be using her because she's Ladybug. I want to love both sides, before I can be with her.
I heard the bell ring.
I wanna start over with Marinette. I will tell her when she's free.
I got up, and packed my bag quickly to reach to Marinette. She was already out in the hallway.
I ran towards her like I would with M'Lady.

"M-marinette, I finally caught up to you. I gasped.
"U-uhh, w-why?" Said with a confused face. "I wanted to apologize about what happened the other day. I said it in a way that I didn't mean.
I saw Alya next to her glaring at me. Thankfully Marinette calmed her down. "Alya, can me, and Adrien have a moment please?"

Alya wanted to stay, but she knew if she left it would've been the best.

I saw Marinette turn to me," Adrien....I don't need your pity. Don't apologize for something that is my fault."

Hearing those words shattered my heart.

"What I meant to say was that....I didn't really mean no. I just didn't want to date someone I didn't really knew."
"Adrien....I don't want to get played with. I should really get going."

I grabbed her arm

"At least give me a chance to change your mind. It won't be a actual date."
"Be honest. What changed your mind, after you clearly rejected me."
My head went clear.

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU." I stood still for a moment. What did I just say. It was like my mouth moving on its own.
I saw tears running down Marinette's face.

"Don't cry...please."
Next thing I knew is that she quickly hugged me. Her warmth tickled my back. I felt where I belong.
I saw her look up from my chest.
He blue sparkly eyes, with her dashing curved lips.

I softly lifted her head up. I place over hand on her cheek, while my lips leaned in.

The kiss wasn't forceful, it was more a soft kind of passionate. I never wanted this kiss to end.

"Okay. I forgive you." Said Marinette as she snuggled into my chest. I really did love Marinette, and Ladybug. It took me a while to realize it, but I found my princess.

I felt rain drops on my hair.
"We should really go get shelter." I watched her nod. We were holding hands while running into a alley.
We letted out a few laughs from being soaked in water.

I'm happy that I got to see her smile.
"It won't be going away anytime soon." Said Marinette.
We sat down on this old couch on the side of the alleyway.
"I should call my mom to pick me up." I placed my hand with hers, "No, I want to be alone with you."

I saw her blush from my words.
"Marinette....I'm a huge idiot. I wanted to say is t-that I'm C-chat N-noir......and I know your Ladybug.

I watched her gasp"

"C-chat."
Her shocked face turned into anger.

Marinette's POV

"IS EVERYTHING YOU SAID A LIE. DID YOU ONLY SAID YOU LOVED ME, BECAUSE I WAS LADYBUG?" My voice softens for a bit..."Was the kiss a lie too?"

Tears escaped my eyes. Knowing that he probably only loved Ladybug.
"Marinette...all my feelings were real. I love both you, and Ladybug."
"Just leave me alone."
"MARINETTE, PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN."

"You got nothing to explain Adrien. You used my love to get to Ladybug. You even rejected me, before finding out I was Ladybug. I had enough of your stupid lies. I'm done with you."
I ran away from Adrien's sights. I heard him calling for me. I didn't turn back.

Was everything a lie?

A/N
IM BACK
I WROTE ABOUT 1190 WORDS IN THIS CHAPTER. IM PROUD.
Tomorrows chapter will be the last one of this mini story. ALSO I TRY MY BEST TO MAKE THE CHARACTERS SOUND LIKE THEMSELVES. Because Marinette would be utterly depress and let Paris fall into pieces. NO. That's what I really don't like about some other fan fics. BUT THEY ARE GOOD. I'm going for a more realistic parts.
ALSO CHECK OUT MY OTHER COMPLETED STORY

OKAY IM DONE BYE