Chapter Twenty-One

Word Count: 5513

+_+_+_+

•Xandria's Point of View

"So, how was your trip?" Emiliah eagerly asks. I shrug my shoulders and casually look out the side window from my spot on Hunter's window sill. He had left to see the rogues we transported back with us, while Emiliah and I moved to Hunter's bedroom to 'bond' as she liked to put it. Basically, he forced me in here with her so I didn't get to say goodbye to Fabian. I'm pretty sure he's just jealous of the attention I give him, even though I've only just met him.

"Luna Katrina was really nice and fun to be around. Alpha Reece, well, I didn't really talk to him. He was like any other Alpha, I guess," I tell her, looking from the corner of my eye to see her reaction. Her eyes were staring at me intently, as if watching my every move like a predator with its prey.

"What about you, how was the pack while we were gone?" I ask her, trying to steer the conversation away from me and actually get to know something about her.

"Nothing really. Chace just worked on some unfinished papers that Hunter left behind. I mainly stayed in my room eating and watching Netflix," she says with a bored shrug. I could tell that she was itching to be let out of the confines of this large house.

"What about your friends? Did you do anything with them?" I ask. I had remembered one of her friends from the first time I met her. I don't remember her name, all I can remember is that she was flat out drunk and slurring every word that she could say.

"You mean Jenna? She and her parents went on some trip to see some family in Korea. She's going to be gone for the rest of the year," she states sadly. I'm guessing that Jenna was the only real friend she had. I thought about my friends and how since I've found Hunter, we have really began to drift apart. Gaby and I never used to fight, but now it seems like that's all we do. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on her, she was just looking out for me.

"Do you think it's wrong for friends to get into fights for a long time?" I ask her randomly. I just need to clear my mind and maybe Emiliah can help me figure this out.

"Depends what the fights are about," she says casually with a shrug.

"Well, what if you were human, let's say, and your friend, who is a werewolf, called you weak because of something that you cannot control. Would you stay mad at your friend and wait for them to come to you?" I ask with a perplexed face. She looks up at me, thinking about my statement for a few moments.

"Well, I think that if I were in that situation, and I had been friends with that person for a long time, that I would really try to consider it from their point of view. Sure if I was human, I'd see myself as weak because of the large amount of werewolves around me, but I also need to understand that all those wolves are looking out for me. Maybe my friend was trying to reason with me, but the truth that they had tried so hard to keep inside just had to be released. In the end, it's your choice whether you want to forgive them or not, but if you were ever stuck in a situation like that, you'd be perplexed on what to say in a rash decision making time. I don't blame you for getting angry, but in the end your friendship should be more important then what you were born as. If you could look past that to become such close friends at the beginning, than why should it matter now if you're human or supernatural?"  she says. To be quite honest, I was completely and utterly surprised by her answer. Who knew that so much wisdom was behind that perky exterior?

"Wow," was all I could manage. I was not expecting that response.

"I'm sorry if I overstepped my boundaries," she says sheepishly, trying to not to blush in embarrassment. Instantly, I try to explain that she wasn't at all overstepping any of her boundaries. She made some really good points.