Chapter 29

Breakfast was awkward. I didn't eat anything, not because I wasn't hungry... just because I didn't like the thought of food at the moment.

"So...how are you?" I look up at Zoe. She had no make-up on but was smiling brightly at me.

"Erm... I'm ok," I say, faking a smile.

"Maybe we should go see Dan and Phil?" Alfie suggests.

"What? Why?!" I exclaim.

"Lexi... she was possessed and they would know what to do..." Alfie starts.

"I'm not possessed," I say, moving cereal around my bowl.

"Well... fine but you have to go to school tomorrow," Zoe says.

I choke on my own spit before looking at her, "Can't I just do online school?"

"Please Hayley! You could make friends and..."

"I go to that school too!" Seth pleads, "I will... hey I'll introduce you to my friends. We're a pretty good bunch... mostly, well all, lads tho."

"Oh," I say.

"So... will you go?" Zoe asks.

"Sure," I mumble.

***

"Hayley! Seth is outside waiting!"

I straighten my skirt and look at myself in the mirror. I have minimal make-up on, and my school uniform on. Zoe had rung the school yesterday and enrolled me and Seth said he would pick me up every morning along with his best friend Freddy.

I go down the stairs, picking up my school bag and putting it on my shoulder. I go to the door and open it and see my boyfriend and another boy.

"Hi, I'm Freddy," Freddy smiles, "And you must be Hayley, this douches girlfriend." Seth elbows him in the side and I laugh quietly.

"So how come we have never seen you around school even though you live so close?" Freddy asks as we walk down a small alley-way to school, Seth holding my hand as we go.

"Oh... err... I was adopted." I say.

Freddy looks at me,"So your parents aren't your real parents?" Freddy asks.

"Are you dumb?" Seth laughs, "And anyway, I don't think Hayley is comfortable with the situation man."

"Oh err... soz Hayley," Freddy says, scratching the back of his head.

I shrug, "It's cool."

We arrive and a lot of people turn to look at me. Some just call me the nee girl, others (and mostly girls) knew me from YouTube.

"Come on," Seth pulls me along the crowd towards a group of boys hanging out by a vending machine. If I was alone, I would avoid this sort of group by a mile. But since these were Seth's friends, I went with it.

"Guys, this is Hayley," Seth says, putting his hands on my shoulders in front of me. I smile, "Hi."

"Hey," a boy smiles, "I'm Oliver."

"And I'm his twin William."

"I'm Tom."

"I'm Luca."

"Hi Ben."

"Sup, I'm J."

I smile as the eight boys begin to talk. I felt myself being left out a bit. I mean, these were boys. They weren't use to the ninth wheel of a girl.

Slowly I back away before heading down a corridor. I don't think they noticed me leave anyway.

I go around a corner before I bump into someone. The person was a bit smaller but not much.

"Oh... hi," she smiles, "You must be the new girl."

"Yeah... I'm Hayley D-"

"Deyes, yeah. I'm a stalker of you and your parents. I watched the whole wedding and can I tell you how an amazing singer. Mrs Lewis, our music teacher, is looking for a new singer for our band after our old one committed suicide because of family problems... that's why we need a new singer." She puts a arm on my shoulder and leads me towards the girls toilets, "I'm Jayden by the way."

I smile at her, "So you like my singing?"

"Hell yeah! You should have a record deal!" She cries.

"Actually..." I say and Jayden stops to look at me, "You know Troye Sivan?"

"Troye Sivan? The best singer ever!"

"Yeah. Well... he is trying to get me a record deal!"

"Shut up!"

"No! This is my dream and it's coming true!"

"Shut up!" And she hugs me, "Come on, my group hang out in here," and we go into the toilet.

In there was a group of three people, "This is Esme, Penny and Violet."

"Oh my god... HAYLEY DEYES!" A girl with black hair to her shoulders and a maroon coloured beanie on bounces over and hugs me, "Oh my god I am your BIGGEST fan!!"

I watch as the other two girls come over, "Oh my god Violet your such a fan girl!"

"Aannd she might be getting a record deal," Jayden blurts out.

"What?!" Esme cries, "That is incredible Hayley! Oh my god, you should totally go for the singing space in the band! We showed Mrs Lewis you when we first heard your voice and she fell in LOVE!"

"Come on lets go now before the bell!" Penny exclaims, taking my hand and pulling me along.

"Hang on guys," I say as my phone begins to ring. I look at the caller ID and frown. Seth ❤️

"Ooo your boyfriend?" Jayden teases.

"Actually it is," I say.

"Is it a Seth that we know?" Violet asks.

"Yep. He comes to this school..."

"What Seth Green?" I nod and Violet gasps, "Oh my god he is the cutest thing ever!"

I roll my eyes and decline the call. "Come on lets go to that teachers office."

***

So yeah, welcome new characters!!

Hannah x