Chapter 20

"Is she ok?"
"What happened?"
"There was a man... he beat Hayley up... I am glad I was there to help."
"I can't believe I never went outside with her!"

My eye lids fluttered open. I was in hospital. Great.

And surrounding me was Zoe, Alfie, Seth and... Grace.

"G-get her away from me!" I move to the side of the bed away from Grace.

"What are you on about? She saved you!" Zoe exclaimed.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Some man was beating you up. You passed out because of the pain and Grace scared them away and then called us-" Alfie said.

"I wasn't beaten up by some random person!" I exclaim, siting up even though the pain was strong, "SHE BEST ME UP!"

Grace stared at me, "I would never do that!"

"YEAS YOU WOULD! JUST LIKE HOW YOU BEAT ME UP AT SCHOOL!" I yell.

"Hayley. Don't you ever say anything like that to my second cousin-" Zoe begins.

"I'M TELLING THE TRUTH!" I yell, "SHE BEAT ME UP EVERYDAY AFTER SCHOOL! THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TALKING TO YOU ABOUT SETH!"

"Babe, your just over-reacting-"

"NO I'M NOT! JUST GET OUT!" I yell at Seth.

"What?!"

"JUST GET OUT!" I yell.

Seth walks away, "You too Grace," I say sternly.

"Hayley I'm fed up of this attitude..."

"I have anger issues remember? Maybe that can be another thing for your darling second cousin to beat me up about."

Zoe looks at me hurt before Grace grabs Zoe's hand and pulls me out the ward.

It was just me and Alfie.

Alfie sat down on the end of my bed, "I don't know what happened there... but I want you tell me what you personally remember happening earlier."

I took a deep breathe, "After I left I went to Seth's house and then we went to Starbucks and I was talking to Seth about how Grace use to bully me and then I needed air so I went out side and..." I took another deep breath, "Grace grabbed my wrist and pulled me into the alley way where she beat me up and called me orphan like she use to do at school and then she said she didn't want me in her family and the only way to prevent that was to stop you from marrying Zoe because I have the same last name as you and I asked what she had against you, Alfie, and she said you pulled Zoe away from her family..." I fell back on my pillow, exhausted, "And now I ache all over and no one believes me."

"I... I believe you Hayley," Alfie pulls me into a hug, "I'll talk to Zoe about it later; I think you can come out in like an hour."

I nod, "Ok..."

"Do you want me to get the others in?" He asks.

I shook my head, "I want Zoe on her own but... she will want to be with Grace, won't she..." I look into Alfie's eyes and he nods, "Yeah..."

"I'm sorry Alfie..." I hug him tightly before falling asleep.

***

1. I AM GOING TO LONDON TOMORROW!!

2. Did you watch SuperGamers? I did... only 'cos Dan was on it though.

3. i may or may not update tomorrow. I will try to but...

Bye!
Hannah xx