Chapter 23

~JOE'S POV~
As Hayley passes out, I panic, "CALL AN AMBULANCE!" I yell.

Alfie instantly is there, "Oh my god..."

He was interrupted by a knock on the door. Shit, I forgot Caspar was due in Brighton today.

"Zoe, go answer the door. Alfie, call an ambulance..." everyone agrees and runs off.

Hayley is limp in my arms and she is cold, "Please Hayley," I whisper, "I love you. Stay..."

"Joe?!" I look up and see Caspar. He runs forward and hugs me. I wrap my free arm around him and cry into his shoulder.

"Shh, it's ok Joe," Caspar try's calms me down, "She will be ok."

I hear faint sirens and I know Hayley is about to be taken away. I kiss her on the head and Caspar tightens the hug between us. The tears from my eyes land on Hayley's forehead and then Zoe appears.

"You two are really close aren't you?" Zoe asks me. I look at her, "I guess so..."

"Maybe you two should adopt," she suggests as a paramedic comes by us and puts Hayley on a stretcher.

"Maybe."

***

~HAYLEY'S POV~
*DREAM*
It was dark in the woods. I was alone and cold.

"HELLO!" I yell out. No answer comes back.

I quicken my pace as I speed walk through the ankle-high leaves that cover the floor. Each sound makes me tense.

"Hayley?!" I spin around and meet a pair of eyes. The figure walks forward but soon splits into two.

"Who are you!" I yell, worried.

The figures come close and I see their features. It was a man and a women...

"Mom... dad..." I whisper. They nod and I run forward and hug them. But they don't hug back. I step back, "What's wrong?"

"We want you with us Hayley," my mom says. She puts her hand out, "Join us."

"But what about Alfie... and Zoe! Their getting married in two days!" I exclaim.

"They're just adoptive parents," my dad says, wrapping a arm around my mom, "we are your blood parents."

"But... i don't want to leave them..." i say, "They... they need me!"

"They don't need you. They are using you," my mom snaps.

"how can you even say that?!" I cry, "For how many years did I do all the cooking and cleaning for you and dad because you two were sick! And now I have a bit more freedom... they are using me?"

"Don't speak about is like that!" My dad snaps.

"WELL I'M SORRY IF IT'S THE TRUTH!" I yell. My parents stare at me, "I'm sorry but I can't be with you." And I run off again.

I run and run and run until I trip and land in someones arms. I look up, "Seth!" I exclaim.

"No one likes you," he says.

"What..." i look at him.

"We all hate you," he says.

"Seth..." i want to cry. And then I see Grace behind him, "She made you say that, didn't she!"

"Don't accuse me of anything, bitch," Grace yells and punches me. I stare at her as I feel warm blood flow from my lip, "Get her," Grace whispers before Seth throws me to the ground and kicks me.

"You should have picked us," my moms voice whispers in my ear, "Now look what you have done..."

I scream before Seth kicks me in the face and everything goes black.