Preface

"Oh you think you're so smart huh!" This big girl said to me in the summer school gym class. I ignored her and wiped my face off with a towel. It was too hot and musty in this locker room for her to start talking crazy. Plus, why wad she so worried about my grades and what is she talking about?

"Can you not hear b*tch!" She yelled. I looked up at her and cringed at that word. I hate it completely. "Don't call me that." I said as calmly as I could.

"Why do you even go to this school or live in them dusty houses or hang out with that slut Nicole? You too smart right?" She kept nagging. I continued to ignore her because I'm not gonna argue over my grades. "Leave Nicole out of this." I said calmly again.

"Ooooo. Look at her!" She cooed annoyingly. "She's scared so now she's gonna walk away. She thinks because her names on some paper saying she passed with one of the top scores that she can outsmart us all!"

What paper hoe?
I grabbed my bag and walked out of the locker room happy that this day is over.

She watched me and then as I walked past her, she grabbed my curly hair and yanked it. I drop my bag immediately and grabbed her arm yanking it off of my head. Ouch! Then I slammed her against the lockers with my hands close to her neck. Girl you thought! She really thought she was going to get to me.

"Girl you better shut the heck up before I really do something crazy. I'm not no puny little smart white kid that you can just boss around! So you better chill!" I squeezed her neck slightly and she looked me in my eyes begging me to let go.

I could sense her feeling of embarrassment and let go of her. Then, I straightened out my body and fixed my ponytail grabbing my bag like nothing happened. Everyone was staring at me and I didn't care. She was not gonna get to me so she had to be put into her place.

As the bell rang to leave I noticed the sheet that listed the top scores from the test we took last semester during our sophomore year. It was a surprise test over all of the skills we learned. I skimmed the list and my name was second under some guys named Carter Matthews.

I had the second highest score!!
I for sure knew everyone would think of me different -- especially if they found out. I tried so long to fir in just because everyone would call me an "Oreo" or something for taking honor classes with white kids. I didn't even tell Nicole. I'm the most popular girl in one of my school's sects along with Nicole. My parents, older brother Derrick, and I celebrated at O'Charley's but I didn't want things to be different because I'm labeled as 'smart'.

Hey lovebugs! What do you guys think about Jasmine already?

How do you think she handles herself?

Please like & comment 💖