The Man

Aniyah pov....

As life, went on my mom got back into the dating field. Well she never really dated foreal . It was more like a we can talk, get to know each other, hang out, chill, and enjoy each other but It's not a i'm interested in you lets settle down situation it was more like friends with benefits I guess you can say. She had just started this job and started coming home later than usual so I knew something was up. She came in about 3:00a.m. sometimes 4:00a.m or whenever. I knew there was someone she was seeing because she'll come home late and always on her phone until one, day she told me and my brothers Kiante ( he's 14 now but at that time he was about 2 years old.) and Jamal (he's 21 now but he was 12 or 13. We don' t have the sane father so he doesn't really care about my mom dating. His dad and my mom split up before I was born.) she wants us to meet someone. Even though me and her never had a relationship I've always been protective of her and never liked a guy she use to talk to except maybe one or two. We all got dressed and met the guy St Kmart so that we could ride with him. When we got in the car he introduced himself his name was Terrance but he said we could call him Terry. When I first saw him I could tell we wasn't going to have a bright future I already didn't like him.