2 : Heartbreak Girl

Start from the beginning

But I end up telling you what you wanna hear,
But you're not ready and it's so frustrating
He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.

Nico ends up suppressing his feelings about (y/n) and continues to be her friend. He tries to tell her about his true feelings but she's just not ready to move on. Why doesn't she understand that Nico could treat her like a princess which she is.

And when the phone call finally ends
You say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10,"
And I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again,

It just frustrates him, how he ends up in the friend zone again and again. Leo would be laughing at him by now.

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

(Y/n), his heartbreak girl.

I know someday it's gonna happen
And you'll finally forget the day you met him
Sometimes you're so close to your confession,
I gotta get it through your head
That you belong with me instead,

In the back of his mind, he knows. He knows that she'll be his one day. He has himself seen feelings for him in her eyes. She's just denying it. Denying the fact that she fell in love with her best friend.

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.
Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

Nico finishes the song on a beautiful note.

"(Y/n), why don't you see? It's me who you belong with. It's me who should be with you. Not that pathetic excuse of a person." He sighed.

He hoped, he knew that one day (y/n) will see what he sees. But what he didn't know was that she was just outside the door, listening him singing and unknowingly confess his feelings for her.

(Y/n) decided to enter his cabin and ask him if he was okay. She knocked on the door, "Nico, you okay in there?"

Nico got startled and almost fell out of the couch. He replied, "Yeah, yeah. I'm fine. Come on in."

(Y/n) entered the cabin and sat down beside Nico on the couch. He was scared. What if she had heard him singing and saying all that?

"Hey there, (y/n). Anything important or just dropping by? And are you feeling better?"
"Yeah, I'm totally fine. I had come here to tell you something important. So just listen and then ask any questions."
"Okay."
"I broke up with Andrew. For once and for all. No going back to him."
Nico's face lit up. "Really? That's great. I'm happy that you made this decision."
"Nico, I'm in love with someone else other than Andrew...."
"Who is it?"
"The same person who was singing and saying that he wanted to be with me a while ago."
"O-oh, you heard that, didn't you?" Nico said, rubbing his neck.
"Yes, yes I did. And you were right I never ever realized that the right person for me was right there by my side. Gods, I'm so stupid."
"It's fine, now that we're together, its gonna be all right." Nico said, pulling her into his chest.
"Hey! Who said we're together? You didn't ask me out yet!" (Y/n) protested.

Nico then bent down on his knees and took (y/n)'s hand in his hand. "(Y/n), I love you. I have loved you for a while now. I didn't get the chance to be with you because of that jerk. And I ended up in friend zone. Now that I'm finally out of it, would you give me the privilege of being your boyfriend?"

"Awww. Who knew the ghost king was this sweet?" (Y/n) teased him.
"Shut up, (l/n). You're lucky that I love you. Or else...." Nico grumbled.
"Or else what?"
"TICKLE FIGHT!" Nico shouted and started tickling her sides.

She tried to escape his grip but failed miserably. He had pinned her down on the couch and was tickling her mercilessly. She was laughing uncontrollably. Tears of joy were in her eyes.

There was just an inch or two distance left between their faces. They both stared at each other's eyes. Then lips.

Nico leaned forward a bit and then their lips met. It was a feeling like none other. Nico's vanilla scent intoxicated her. His body pressed against her body. She was overwhelmed by the effect Nico had on her.

On the other hand, Nico was mesmerized by her (e/c) eyes. He could keep staring into them till the world's end. Her soft lips felt heaven against his cold ones. No one made him feel so good before.

Nothing could interrupt them. There could be a World War 3 or The Battle of Olympus going on outside and they wouldn't care. As long as they're together.

The need of air overpowered them and they pulled away from their sweet kiss. A sweet kiss, filled with love and care for each other. They don't care about what other people say. As long as they're together.

It was almost curfew now. The harpies would be out patrolling.

(Y/n) started to leave. Nico grabbed her wrist, "Stay." He pleaded. She gave in.

They both climbed into Nico's bed. (Y/n)'s back facing Nico. He was hugging her from behind, playing with her hair and whispering sweet nothings into her ear. Soon, she fell asleep. Nico kissed her shoulder, "Sweet dreams, amore mio."

That was the second one. To be honest, I love writing these fanfics. Even better than reading them.

Amore mio - Italian for 'my love'
It might not be accurate cause I googled it. I don't know Italian. So if you know, please confirm if it is right or wrong.

If you like my one-shot, don't forget to vote and comment. Positive and constructive criticism is welcome. Please give your suggestions and recommendations.

You can also request a specific scenario but it will be reader-insert.

Byeee. XOXO.