2 : Heartbreak Girl

Hey there! This one is a songfic based on the song 'Heartbreak Girl' by 5 seconds of summer. You should totally check it out!

Key: (g/p) means 'godly parent'

Disclaimer: Rick Riordan owns Nico and all the Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus characters. I own only the storyline and minor OC's. Even the storyline is sometimes not mine.

Third person POV

Nico was in his cabin, the Hades cabin, sulking over the fact that he had a crush on his best friend, (y/n). It hurt him to see her with her boyfriend, Andrew, son of Hecate (change it to Hephaestus if you are a Hecate child) who was in fact a big jerk and a total airhead.

Andrew treated (y/n) like trash, leaving her for some stupid Aphrodite girl (Drew, duh.) every few weeks and then when (y/n) would get to know, he would apologize. And (y/n), being (y/n) would forgive him each and every time he came back. He took advantage of her forgiving heart.

I guess, love is that blind in her case. Nico sighed. No, that isn't love. That can never be love.

He decided to play his guitar and sing a special song, a song he was meaning to play for (y/n). Playing a guitar and singing was one of his latest hobbies which he had picked up from Will, the son of Apollo. (Sorry, Solangelo is brotp). It helped as he was alone in the Hades cabin as Hazel was in Camp Jupiter.

He strummed the guitar strings and cleared his throat.

You call me up,
It's like a broken record
Saying that your heart hurts
That you never get over him getting over you.

(Y/n) had called him just the night  before. Her voice was cracking on the phone. She was tired, tired of all that she has to go through for that guy. She was tired of heartbreak. She could never be immune of the sadness that Andrew gives to her.

And you end up crying
And I end up lying,
'Cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do

Midst the call, she was crying recklessly. Every ounce of energy was drained from her body as she lay sprawled on one of the beds of the (g/p) cabin. Nico had to lie that it will be okay. But both Nico and (y/n) knew it won't. It would never be okay as long as Andrew was in her life......their lives.

And when the phone call finally ends,
You say, "Thanks for being a friend,"
And we're going in circles again and again

(Y/n) was feeling a lot better after talking with Nico. She ended the call by a simple yet effective, "Thanks for being my friend." Hearing it, breaks Nico down even more. His chances of being more than a friend slowly crumble to pieces.

I dedicate this song to you,
The one who never sees the truth,
That I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.

This song is for her. The one who's too naive to see through his heart. The one who's too blinded to see his true feelings. He could take away all the pain caused by Andrew. He could mend her heart.

Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here. When you gonna realize
That I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

He would hold her, embrace her, make her escape from reality, the harsh reality she has to face everyday. He'll be forever by her side, right there. Waiting for her to realize that he's the one for her.

I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out
You could be with me now

It takes a lot of will power for Nico not to go and snatch (y/n) from his clutches. He could be with her if he wanted.