Chapter 21

Now I'm pretty sure that we're half way there
So when I wake up next to you

Night fell, and we were seated around a campfire on the sand. Anthony and Ian were taking turns telling scary stories.
I laughed at Mark and Sean's overly exaggerated girlish screams.

"And boom! The murderer skinned the helpless man!" Ian said dramatically all the while Anthony tried to mimic the scream of the said man. Sean and Mark gripped each other tightly like two scared kids.

I looked around noticing one member from our group was missing. "Hey, has anyone seen where Autumn went?"

Everyone looked around, just noticing this said disappearance. "Oh no! The crazed butt-stabber took her!" Mark exclaimed, putting both hands on the sides of his face to make him look shocked.

Now it was  Ian and Anthony's turn to scream like women. I rolled my eyes at them. "Fine. I'll look for her myself." I stated , standing and walking away . "Beware the butt-stabber!" Anthony called out as I made my way to the overgrowth of trees near the beach.

The night sky was pretty amazing. The sky was alight with stars and the moon. It created a calm ambience around the forest. The moonlight was just bright enough to illuminate the semi forest I was in.

"Autumn?" I whisper yelled. This place was so quiet and peaceful, I didn't want to break the peace. But all I got was silence. I contemplated trying again, but I really liked how calm things were here.

Well, it wouldn't hurt to stay here for a little while...

I took a seat on a huge tree root, and eased myself into a more comfortable position. Looking back, I realized this was the first time I had ever been really alone after all that happened these past few days. It feels so unreal. And none of these things would happen, if it wasn't for her. This was one of the most amazing adventures I've ever been on; who knew that to turn my life around, I just had to turn it upside down?

I sighed, all of this was because of one girl: Autumn Rosewood. And for what it's worth, I  am madly in love with her. There's no denying it, every part of me loves her. Her smile, her eyes, the way she makes me  feel inside. It's like a warm flame in a harsh winter: she takes away the numbness, replacing darkness with light.

My mind was going a mile a minute. So many thoughts were going through my mind. But one seemed to rise above all others.

Could I, Tate Jackson, have at least a sliver of a shot at dating Autumn Rosewood?

Before I could finish my thoughts, I heard rustling coming from my left. I looked towards the sound, only to see Autumn coming out from behind on of the trees.

"And here I thought I was alone." She stated crossing her arms on her chest. I just shrugged at her and gave a small smile "Small world." I replied. Her eyes seemed to light up with an idea.

She grabbed  my hand and pulled me forward. "Come on! I want to show you something cool." She said excitedly. I merely nodded in reply and let myself get dragged by her.

I was too caught up with her holding my hand.

.......I feel like a dork for saying that.