Chapter 6

How did we end up talking,
In the first place?

Semestrial break, day 1.

I'm supposed to meet with Rosewood for the project today. I somehow feel excited, yet at the same time my stomach feels like I ate bad cheese. Is that accurate? Bah! The heck do I care? I put on some skinny jeans and my hoodie and go out.

By the time I reached the park, she was already there. With her headphones on. I moved towards her, putting my hands on her shoulder.

With inhuman speed, she threw a punch at my face. I felt an explosion of pain where she hit my now---broken nose.

"OWWW!!"

"OH GOD! FOUR-EYES! I'M SORRY!" She exclaimed, helping me sit down on the bench she then noticed the blood dripping from my nose. "Wait, there's blood... There's blood!"

She sounded... enthusiastic? She took out a vial from her pocket; taking some that was dripping down my chin. I wore a look of utter confusion. She just looked like this was the most normal thing in the world.

"What?" She asked, noticing my expression. "What?! What?! You just punched me in the face!" I exclaimed catering to my broken nose. "Oh shut it, I didn't even punch you that hard..." she said as a-matter-of-fact.

"That HARD?! You BROKE my NOSE!"

"Do you want to see how hard I can really punch?" She threatened, raising her fist so I could see it. I swallowed a lump in my throat and shook my head now feeling quite unsafe with her around.

"Let's take you to the hospital." She said and I gave her an unsure look.

"If you don't get your ass up. I'm going to drag you all the way." She glared and I felt my eyes go wide. 'She not serious, right?' I thought. "So what will it be?"