Chapter 12

My friend said I should lock you out
Before you figure me out and you run away

Today my friends and I were gonna meet at the pizza hut, so I made my way inside. Once I was in, I sat on one of the tables for five near the window.

"What can I do for you four-eyes?" The waiter asked. Wait a second that sounds like...when I looked back I saw Autumn.

As a waiter.

Wearing a dress.

...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I couldn't hold back my laughter, it was just too funny! She then punched me in the arm. "SHUT.UP." She warned, glaring daggers. "I'm sorry," I said between laughs. It's just so funny! I just couldn't stop myself. After a few seconds, Mark and the others sauntered in. I took deep breaths to stop from laughing and waved at them to the table.

"Who's the chic?" Ian asked, pointing his thumb to Rosewood. Everyone turned their attention to the once badass woman---whom was now in a black dress; gawking at her like lions.

She gave them a small smile. "What can I do for you guys?" She asked, grabbing a notepad and a pen from her dress pocket (yes the fucking dress has pockets. Move on people!).

"Uh...pizza?" Anthony said though it came of as a question. I then noticed he was blushing? Rosewood only chuckled.

"What flavour would that be sir?" She asked moving her face closer to his, the smallest of smiles on her visage. Anthony's cheeks reddened like a tomato.

"I...um..ah..." He struggled to talk, the close proximity making him feel intoxicated. "He'll have an italian style pizza." I said, saving Anthony from even more embarassment.

She moved away, writing the order in the notebook. She then took everyone else's order before going to me. "Your no fun, try to loosen up a bit." She whispered patting my shoulder. She then left.

"Nice save Tate." Mark said giving me a thumbs up. "Yeah thanks for that..." Anthony said feeling a little relieved now that she was gone. I rolled my eyes at him.

"So are you gonna tell us who she was?" Ian said to me. I was taken aback "Hm? What makes you think I know her?" He just rolled his eyes at me."Seriously, a random girl like her wouldn't be talking to someone like you." He pointed out. Did he just insult me? Oh no no no. I was about to respond when Sean cut me off.

"OI! HERE COMES OUR ORDER!" Sean exclaimed, his irish accent as clear as day. Ian covered his ears-since he was closest to the irish man-"Dude! Stop yelling! Your making my ears bleed..." He scolded.

"Your orders..." She said putting them on the table. "Enjoy." We ate in silence after she disappeared back into the kitchen. After awhile she came back with 'free drinks'.

Just by the smirk in her face I knew it was far from free. What was this girl planning? I then noticed the playful glint in her seaweed green orbs.

I shook that thought out of my mind. But another thought entered. I started to think about what Ian said now and what he said yesterday. She was out of my league, that was true. And he was right---even though it was an insult---a girl like her? Talking to a guy like me? Impossible.

We had finished eating and waited for the bill. Autumn then came, giving us separate bills. "What! 50 dollars!" Ian exclaimed "Oh wait I think I miscounted..." Autumn said before silently counting---I knew it!--- the drinks.

"That'll be 60 dollars." She stated "Wha..." He turned pale Mark and Anthony attempted to pay for him, but Autumn stopped them."Nuh-uh, see that sign? It says pay after you order. You didn't order it, he did. So, he pays."

"Why are you doing this to me?" He said taking some money from his wallet. "Because," Autumn started "A girl like me can do whatever she wants." She then moved towards me "Especially talking with a guy like him." She gestured to me with the back of her thumb.

'But then again,'I thought to myself 'Maybe I do have a shot with her.'