Let It Begin

2 weeks later

"Ships on the horizon!" A Berkian yelled out. Stoick walked over and looked through the telescope that Hiccup had invented. He could only just make out the very large vessel that seemed to sail rapidly towards them. The sail had what looked like a giant sword aiming down with possibly two other swords coming in from the sides, crossing in front of the giant one.
"Oh no. Arm yourselves as much as you can! Prepare for war!!" Stoick bellowed. Vikings went from casual to panic as they ran to Gobber's and then to their homes and then to the hanger in hope that a spare dragon would be there.
"Of all times I need Hiccup." Stoick growled. Valka was mounting Cloudjumper in her colourful armour, ready for battle.
"Valka. I can't let you fight. I need you to find Hiccup. He's at Outcast island."
"And for the first time I will actually listen to you." She answered before Cloudjumper took off into the air.

Groundsplitter roared before doing a barrel roll. Alvin held on with ease as his dragon ploughed through rocks. Toothless would have to dodge the rocks to keep up with them. Hiccup smiled with delight as he watched the ever-bonding Viking and Dragon get closer and closer.
"Alvin! Follow me." Hiccup called the Viking. Groundsplitter turned upward and flapped vigorously to keep up with the black fury in front of him. They stopped above the clouds and hovered opposite each other.
"What I'm going to ask you now will probably scare you. But it's important to do this as its a very important bonding exersize." Hiccup explained slightly nervous. Alvin frowned in a confused way.
"Like what?"
"Well, like this." Hiccup dived off Toothless at a rapid pace. Alvin watched with worried eyes thinking that Hiccup was attempting suicide! But Toothless glided down gracefully and Hiccup landed gently on his back before they flew back up to Alvin.
"Woah woah! You want me to do that?!"
"Yes Alvin, I do. You have got to trust that Groundsplitter will catch you."
Alvin looked over Groundsplitter and clutched the saddle even tighter. Sweat built up on his brow and he shook with fear. But Hiccup had a point, he had to trust Groundsplitter in all scenarios. Groundsplitter was now getting fed up with waiting and barrel rolled unexpectedly and of course Alvin fell off.
"Arghhhhh! Groooouuunnndddsspppllliitttteeerrrrr!" He yelled out. Groundsplitter flattened his spikes and Alvin landed on his back. Toothless glided casually next to them.
"Wasn't that hard was it now?" Hiccup smirked. However Alvin just stared beyond Hiccup.
"Ahhh. Alvin?"
"Behind you." Alvin whispered. Hiccup turned to see Cloudjumper in full armour with Valka standing on top covered in her colourful armour.
"Mum! What are you doing here and why are you and Cloudjumper in armour?"
"Trouble back at Berk, I think it's........Drago." Valka whispered in terror. Hiccup's whole demeanour changed from relaxed to absolute fury. Toothless even bared his teeth. Alvin, however, suddenly became the sensible one.
"Ready your dragons my people and prepare for war!!" He yelled down. Astrid came over with a concerned look. Stormfly hovered gently above Hiccup.
"Drago?" She simply asked. Valka nodded. Astrid jumped off Stormfly and landed behind Hiccup.
"Babe please. Berk needs your help and we will have Outcast island to back us up."
"It's not Drago I'm worried about. It's you. I don't want you in this battle. I don't want to lose you Astrid. Not to that stupid muttonhead anyway." He turned in the saddle and stared into her blue eyes. She looked away and climbed back onto Stormfly.
"Well then, I guess you'll just have to try and stop me then." She replied with a little bit of anger before Stormfly flew down to the ground.

Stoick mounted Skullcrusher and watched with anxious worried eyes as the lead ship docked just a few meters away from Berk. An armoured Thunderdrum positioned itself wearily near the ship and Drago walked onto its back. It swam steadily across to the dock and Drago walked onto it and casually up to Stoick. Skullcrusher snorted smoke out but Stoick kept him calm.
"I give you a choice. Join and worship me. Or die by the hand of these beasts." Drago gestured to Skullcrusher who snapped back. Stoick wondered if he could stall Drago.
"It's a hard choice, that's for sure. Give me a minute." Stoick dismounted and walked over to Gobber who stood by grump.
"We need to stall him until Hiccup gets here." Stoick said quietly. Gobber nodded and glanced at Drago. Stoick turned around and walked back to Skullcrusher, mounted him, and smiled at Drago.
"What's in it for us if we say yes?"
"My protection against all dragons forever." Drago simply stated.
"But what if I say that a member of Berk knows a way to train dragons so that they protect us to the death, forever."
"Then I'd say that this fool should show himself and challenge my power and authority. Because I alone control the dragons!" Drago snarled the last part.
"Wrong! We don't control dragons, we work with them!" Hiccup yelled from above Drago. Stoick gasped in utter shock at Hiccups appearance. Toothless was glowing blue and Hiccup had armour on. Drago turned and starred in shock at the Night Fury.
"Your alive?!"
"Yes Drago, we are alive and here to kick your butt!" Hiccup replied with cheek. Toothless blasted at Drago before swinging around and blasting at the ships. The war has begun.