I'm Allison

If I ran away would anyone miss me? Sometimes I think about how much better life would be if I could just be me and not have everyone thinking she's better then me. I just wanna run far away and start over.

So that's what I did. My name is Allison Smoak and this is my story.

One night I heard my parents arguing. I was suppose to be in bed but I was woken up by them yelling at each other.

I snuck to the top of the stairs and watched them, they were standing in the kitchen and there was a suit case at the door.

"You're just going to leave them?" my Mom yelled at my Dad. "This isn't the life that they deserve" my Dad said.

Then he walked away from my mom and towards the door. He grabbed his suit case but before he could leave I ran down the stairs as fast as I could yelling "Where are you going?"

I was almost at the bottom when I slipped and I went flying down the last few steps. I hit my head on the bench at the bottom of the stairs.

It didn't really hurt, I was just glad my Dad didn't walk out the door. He ran over to me and helped me up asking me if I was ok. "Dad I'm fine" I told him.

"Are you going somewhere?" I asked. I could see he didn't want to say anything but he did "Yes, I'm leaving" he said.

"For how long?" I asked. "I don't know" he said. Then he placed me on the couch near the door and grabbed his bag and walked out the door.

I sprung off the couch, crying and ran out the door I looked around frantically but my Dad was no where to be seen.

How could he leave us?

• • •

Update: Hi, thanks for giving my book a read! I started writing this story when I was 12. I am now 18, my writing has improved and I now see many things wrong with it. However, I had lots of fun writing it and people are enjoying it. I'm going to leave it up. Just writing this to warn you and say please don't comment saying it's bad because I know it's not great. If you have a problem with it, you don't need to read it.

I hope you enjoy, thank you for reading.

~ Kayla