The Sunflower (Luffy x Nami)

It was a hot summer morning. Fog rolled out and seagulls cawed in the distance. The sun peeked over the ocean slightly, bright, golden sun beams shined onto the Thousand Sunny. The Straw hat's Navigator, Nami, was sitting out on deck, making a map of a recent island they came across, while her captain lay on the head of the boat. The rest of the crew were I'm their rooms, still drifting into a sweet sleep.
"Namiiii, I'm boredddd."
"Go back to sleep then Luffy, it's very early and I want to finish this map."
"But I'm not tired and no ones awake. Can't you fish with me?"
"No Luffy I need my hands to write."
The straw hat Captain looked out onto the horizon, staring at the blood orange sky. He grasped the top of his hat, ensuring the wind wouldn't steal it away.
"Nami, have you ever seen a sunflower?"
"A sunflower?"
"You kind of look like one."
Her eyes flew open with momentary surprise, staring in the direction where her captain was.
"You think I look like a Sunflower?"
She repeated his question, making sure she heard what he said right.
"Yeah, you know, they're bright and shiny like the sun. Actually, maybe you look like this pretty sunset."
Her cheeks flushed pink, matching the edges of the clouds.
"P-pretty?"
He chuckled and swung over to where she stood. He knocked her clean off her seat and onto her back. Luffy rested on top of his Navigator, cupping her cheeks and smiling his signature happy smile.
"Hahahahh yes! Your hair is orange just like the sky and your face is bright and warm just like the sun."
She stood there, unable to breathe. Why couldn't she shrug it off and hit him for being an idiot like usual? Why was her heart beating faster?
"Luffy stop joking around."
She tried pushing his face away but he only grasped her hands in his and leaned closer.
"I'm being serious Nami. You're a pretty sunset to me."
"Luffy stop acting weird. Do you hear what you're saying? You're being different."
"I'm being honest. Is that so bad?"
"No...but why are you saying this all now?"
There was silence and a sudden shift in the wind. Nami's chest tightened, as if she knew something was about to happen.
"I love you, Nami."
Her gut feeling was correct.
"Luffy you don't know what you're saying."
"But I do, I've felt this way for a while."
"The-then why say it now?"
"To be honest I didn't know what the feeling meant at first. It was confusing and it made my chest hurt, but in a good way. But right now, being alone with you and looking at you it's like it just clicked. I know you feel something too."
"What would the others say? What if they wake up and see us right now?"
"I wouldn't care."
He held her face firmly and leaned in. He was about to...he was gonna kiss her. He inched closer and closer. She held her breath, scared to deny or accept. Was it okay to be in love with her captain? His lips barely grazed hers, before he went any deeper into the kiss he looked her dead in the eyes.
"Say you Love me Nami."
"W-what?"
"I know you feel it too. You haven't denied me or even tried pushing me away."
She hesitated. Was it really okay?
"Luffy... I love you. I love you too."
Without another second able to go by he grabbed her soft pink cheeks and kissed her. There was a deep inhale of breath, sucking in all the fear and happiness. It took her a moment to finally relax and she pulled him in deeper, starting a new love that nobody could extinguish.