The cook and the cat (Sanji x reader)

I lived on a small island on the grand line. It's not well known, and there's only one small village among it, in front of the islands only mountain. Nothing happens in this town, it's calm every day other than rare ocean storms that pass by. I'm a young girl who's learning medicine from my grandma, the only relative I have around. I live with her and My cat Nymph.
One day, a ship strode along off the horizon toward our island, with a pirate mark. It stirred up rumors quick, considering the town being so small. Once the boat arrived at shore we all approached with caution. Nine pirates walked up nonchalantly. Everyone stood in ice, cold, frozen, silence. I mustered up courage and stepped forward toward the ring leader, the Straw-hat.
"I'm sorry but we have no valuables for you, if that's what you're here for."
"Do you have meat?"
Everyone blinked a few times to make sure they heard him right.
"Uhh yes ..."
A girl with orange hair walked up closer.
"What our moron of a Captain is trying to say is we aren't here for treasure, but we've travelled for a while and we'd like something to eat if you have enough for us."
"Oh of course! We have plenty! As long as you aren't here to cause trouble then you are welcome."
My grandma walked forward and welcomed them before anyone could agree. We all pitched in together to make a grand feast for our new guests. With their help we got to know them and their names better. The feast lasted all night long. With the Pirates' fun and enthusiasm the village had a full night of fun and partying. It's been years since something like this has happened.
The next morning was like a bunch of hangovers in unison. Everyone was tired, passed out, or sleeping. The straw hat screamed about meat all night, the swordsman and navigator drank more than I thought was even possible, the reindeer ate cotton candy till his pants almost couldn't fit, the long nose sniper sang about a sniper king over and over, the cyborg danced and drank cola till he passed out, the blonde cook wouldn't leave my side, the skeleton man played music till his fingers hurt to the bone (literally), and the black haired woman stayed quiet and content. It was morning now, the village went from loud songs and laughter, to quiet groaning and hungover headaches. It was all so hazy and fuzzy to remember last night. I stood up with struggle and went to find Nymph. I turn the street corner into a back alleyway and walked down to my shop. In the back I heard Nymph's small mews and go to her. She was wrapped around the pirate cooks arm purring and meowing. His hair was a little messy, and a cigarette dangled between his fingers.
"Oh Mr. Cook! I didn't know you were awake!"
He looks up with a smile and gestures me over.
"Nah, I've been up a while. Your cat hasn't left me alone."
He rubbed her chin with the side of his index finger. She basically melted into his hands full of purrs.
"Sorry about that. She's not usually so affectionate."
"You know, you're not that bad of a dancer."
"Me? What do you mean?"
He chuckled and looked back at Nymph.
"I guess you wouldn't remember everyone got drunk afterwards. We danced a little and told me how this whole experience was the greatest thing ever."
*flashback*
I was talking to the strawhat, as he explained some adventures the blonde cook came up and offered me his hand.
"Care to do a little dancing?"
We went off and danced around the raging fire with a bunch of other villagers and pirates.
"So you live here with your grandma? What's this island like?"
"Well my dad was a pirate just like you. My mother lived on this island as a nurse. My dad's ship stopped by and it was love at first sight. They stayed for almost a year and they had me, but after a while my father said the sea calls to him and that he and his crew can't stay forever. So they left, promising one day he'd return. My mom soon died after that. They never got to see each other again. I don't even know if my father is still alive. That was a long time ago and since then this village has been quiet and dull."
"That's a pretty tragic story. I'm glad we stopped by on this island."
I tightened my grip on his hand.
"Me too."
It was a quiet dance for a while until he brought up a psychotic question.
"Why don't you become a pirate?"
I look at him with a baffled expression.
"What?! Me? I'm just a nurse in training what could I possibly do?"
"Become a ships doctor."
"It sounds dangerous."
He looks down at me with a smile.
"Yes it is, but it's the greatest adventure anyone could have. The life of a pirate is never dull."
I actually started debating about it. I could find my dad but I'd leave my grandma. It's a tough decision but I want to go through with it! I lean my head against his chest and hold him closer.
"Thank you Sanji."
*flashback ends*
"Once our captain is awake we'll be setting off."
He stood up and put out his cigarette. I hated that sentence.
"Wait you're leaving already?!"
"We have a mission to do and we can't put on hold for to long. Our captain is aiming to become King of the Pirates. We have to help him achieve it before someone else does."
I grab his sleeve and lunge myself onto him. I hugged him as tight as my body would let me.
"I'm going to miss you..."
He cups my cheeks and plants a sweet yet bitter smoke taste kiss onto my lips. I grab his neck and pull him in to deepen it.
"I will become a pirate and when I do, I'll set off to find my dad and come see you again."
He smiled and brushed the hair our of my face.
"It's a promise."
*20 minutes later*
They were packing up food we've given them for their journey. My chest felt heavy and my heart started to ache. Half the crew was already on board ready to set sail. I walk up to straw hat and bow deeply.
"Thank you for your kindness. It was the greatest time this village has ever had. I hope you achieve your dreams to becoming King of the Pirates. I believe in you! Captain Luffy!"
He chuckled and patted my head.
"I hope you find your dad. We promise we'll run into you again, hopefully when were both stronger with more tales to tell."
I nodded and smiled immensely, tears forming in my eyes. I turn to Chopper and hand him a bag of supplies and one of our islands personal medical books.
"Here, these are things specifically from this island, or rather, hard to find. I hope you become a great doctor. Hopefully I can reach your level and become an assistant to you one day."
His eyes beamed and a smile spread on his face.
"T-thank you!"
I say all my goodbyes to the Straw hats and I finally turn to Sanji. Tears were forming even more just knowing he was leaving. He came up and hugged me tightly. I returned his hug without hesitation, tightening my grip as much as I can.
"I'll see you soon. This isn't goodbye forever."
"I know, but it may be a long time."
He wiped my tears and smiled.
"It'll happen in the blink of an eye."
He kissed my eyes and I pulled him in for another kiss. Longer and bigger than the last.
He set me down and turn to his ship. He waved for a while until his ship was nothing but a speck across the horizon. I pull my hair back and turn to my cat.
"C'mon Nymph, let's go find my dad."

A/n: this was more of a story than romance I guess. I hope you enjoyed it though.