Chapter 39: Nerves and endings

Start from the beginning

"A coffee please," I sighed, but didn't say anything. When the sun started to set, the place became quiet, and only a few people were left.

"Thanks for helping out, I really appreciate it," Lara said.

"No problem," I replied, smiling.

"What do you think of Noah and Elizabeth getting married?" She asked as we walked down the road.

"I think it's sweet," I replied simply, to be honest I didn't really have much of an opinion on it. I wasn't opposed to the idea, but I didn't really know if getting married so young was a good idea.

"I don't think I can imagine either of them with someone else," Lara voiced her opinion.

"I guess not."

"Maybe it will be you and Leo next," Lara teased.

I laughed, "Yeah or you and Wesley," I shot back.

"Leo was so in love with you when he met you," She muttered.

"What?" I asked.

"He couldn't stop talking about you - he never shuts up about you," she stated.

I blushed, but kept quiet.

Elizabeth had already picked out her wedding dress, and we were basically going to make sure everything was perfect. Her wedding was small, and only had about fifty guests.

"How are you?" I asked, when we went up to her room.

"The wedding is tomorrow, I'm nervous, but excited" She said. "I hope nothing goes wrong." If she was nervous, she definitely wasn't showing it.

Elizabeth also handed over my dress. "I'm really gonna miss you when your gone," Elizabeth said, when Lara had gone down for a minute to talk to Wesley on the phone.

"Im gonna miss you too," I said, getting emotional.

"You have to promise to phone me, all the time," She said in a serious tone.

"I promise...and you have to come to London some time," I said.

"I might just do that," She said smiling.

"You better," I replied.

"I will," She said quietly. I didn't want my relationship to fizzle out with Elizabeth, just like I didn't want my relationship with Leo to end.

I truly loved Leo, and even though I hadn't been with anyone else, I still knew that Leo was the one for me. I didn't want to be with anybody else. He was sweet and kind, but I couldn't just expect him to leave everything and come back with me, but I knew that lying was the mistake that I had made.

I sighed. Elizabeth looked at me. "What?" I asked.

"Whats up?" She asked, sensing something was bugging me. 

"I'm gonna miss Leo," I said, quietly. 

"Then take him with you..." She stressed. 

"I can't do that! Why does nobody understand that, plus it's so beautiful here-" I started.

"Listen, if you take Leo with you, which he doesn't mind by the way, you can be together. If you don't take Leo with you, you're gonna spend every day in college wishing he was their and regretting not taking him with you," She stated. "And I'm pretty sure their's enough mechanic jobs to go around."

I laughed loudly, "you wanna stay here tonight?" She asked. "I've been refused access to talk to Noah, and him and the guys are hanging out at the skateboarding rank with loads of alcohol tonight, so you wanna stay over?" She asked.

"Um..yeah sure," I said, smiling. "But I've got a few errands to run first - be back in a bit," I said, getting up to leave as Lara entered.

I phoned my mum, she had been really worried and I had promised to call. She also told me to pass her congratulations onto Elizabeth and Noah. I also grabbed some food from the local shop, down the road.

When I made my way past the skateboarding rank, I saw a group of guys, Noah, Leo, Caleb and a few other people. They were talking pretty loudly and the rest of the place was deserted.

The sound of their screams and the clanking of glass bottles, filled the area. Whose stupid idea was it to drink and skateboard at the same time?

I rang the bell when I got back to Elizabeth's house, it was dark out now and I was scared of those same guys coming at me again, but she opened within a few seconds, much to my relief.

Everyone else had gone home, I opened the grocery bag. "I bought food," I motioned, loudly.

"Marshmallows, coke, cake, and sweets," I said taking everything out. "Oh, and water for you," I said, smiling at her, cheekily.

"Shut up! I'm obviously not a normal bride. Pass the coke."

I laughed, "Nervous?" I asked.

"Yup, but as long as I get drunk before the wedding I'll be fine," she joked.

"Oh, and you're walking up with Leo," She stated grabbing the bag of marshmallows.

I nearly spit out my coke, "Um..he's pretty angry at me," I said, even though he did stand up for me against Connor.

"That's okay, you two can work it out," She said.

I hope so, I didn't want this to be a summer fling that ended before I left, but that was exactly how it was headed.

"Do you think he'll forgive me?" I asked. 

"C'mon he so loves you," She laughed. 

I nodded, but didn't reply. Losing my best friend and my boyfriend would be too much to handle, and if me and Leo were gonna make up, we had two days left - and time was running out.

"Pass the marshmallows," I said, grabbing the marshmallows from my spot on the bed, while Elizabeth was sitting on the floor.

"You must miss Serena," She said, quietly.

"Yeah...but I don't want to talk about that," I stated. "She was with both Connor and Leo, the few summers she came here," I said shaking my head. "Coke," I demanded.

"It's okay you have me," She stated, smiling widely. "I still can't believe how different you are from Serena."

I laughed, "Yeah, now we should probably get some sleep..especially you, we have to get up pretty early," I said.

Elizabeth groaned, neither of us wanted to wake up early and Elizabeth definitely didn't want to sleep early.

I went to sleep on the floor and Elizabeth on the bed. "I'm sorry this summer was such a bust for you," Elizabeth said, sincerely.

"It wasn't a bust, I met you and Leo and all these other great people. It's just sad what happened with Serena, but at least now I know how she really is," I said, quietly. "Now get some sleep, because if we don't go to sleep soon we're both gonna be extremely snappy tomorrow," I stated, before falling asleep.

Hope you liked the chapter! Vote&comment if you liked it!! :)