08-Traverse Town

"Kairi!" Sora yelled out, once we were inside the secret place. Nothing had changed since the last time we came here. It was still REALLY creepy.

     "Sora." Kairi spoke in return. She was holding out her hand just like Riku had before he mysteriously disappeared. The wooden doors in the cave finally opened, and a gust of wind rushed through it. It was so powerful, I had to hold on to Sora's arm, so I wouldn't be swept away. Sora was clinging to a nearby rock. Kairi wasn't so lucky holding her ground. She was pushed towards us by the non-stop wind.  Sora let go of the rock, and tried to catch Kairi, but she went right through Sora and disappeared.

       Since Sora had now let go of the rock, we had nothing left keeping us in the cave. Me and Sora were pushed by the large amount of strong winds out of the secret place, and into a place unrecognizable.  I looked down, but then wished I hadn't. We were floating in the night sky. The land we were currently on contained sand, broken boat pieces and other discarded items. It's almost as if someone took a piece of Destiny Islands and ripped it apart.

        I looked behind me and found a scary sight. It was the giant heartless I had battled in the prologue. I never actually won that battle, but who knew that that creature would come back so soon?

          "Oh come on!" I shouted. "Not you AGAIN!!!"

       "You know this thing?!" Sora said, a scared look on his face.

      "Yeah, sorta. I fought it once before."

        "How did you defeat it the first time?"

         I nervously laughed. "I didn't..." Sora face palmed this time.

           I helped Sora up from the sandy ground and our keyblades appeared. There  appearances were completely the same.

       I ran into the giant heartless's range of attack and locked on to his arm. My keyblade did a lot of damage to the creature, but didn't quite completely defeat him. Sora joined in after he processed what needed to be done. Giant heartless kept throwing balls of this weird energy out of his chest. Most of them hit Sora, because he didn't know what to expect.

       "Sora, when starts sitting down, try running around the place so the spheres can't hit you!" My suggestion really did the trick for the brown haired male. He was able to bring up his strength level by collecting the green spheres dropped by the littler heartless.

      "Sora! Final attack!" I exclaimed.

     "F-Final attack?"

    "Basically, we hit him on the arm at the same time and epically pose in the moonlight."

   "Sweet!" Sora gave me a thumbs up.

    Sora jumped on the heartless's arm and ran up ton where I was, still holding his keyblade.

     "Time to say goodnight!" I yelled. Sora and I held our keyblades up and hit the giant heartless's arm with much force.

      "Really? Time to say goodnight?" Sora shook his head. "You couldn't come up with anything better?"

     "Don't judge me." I demanded.

      The giant heartless we had FINALLY beat, was being sucked up in the big ball of dark energy in the sky. That wasn't the only thing it was trying to suck up though.

     "Sora!" I called out to him as the sphere in the night sky was bringing me towards it. Sora took my hand and pulled me, so that I was holding onto a log.

     "Thanks." I thanked him.

      The brown haired boy's grip on the log weakened, and he was pulled inside the sphere.  Where was it taking him?  "(Y/n)!"

  "I guess you want me to let go and follow him, huh?" I asked the narrator. This time was different from the others. The male narrator actually responded.

   "Do I even have to say it?" He sighed.

     "Fine." I let go of the log, releasing my right hand, and then my left. I gazed into the ball of strange energy and flew inside to find Sora. My eyes closed from the strong winds moving around me. Was I falling asleep again.....?

"Sora! Sora wake up!" Sora heard a familiar voice calling his name while he was in a deep sleep. A finger was poking his right cheek. Who was this? Then, what was even stranger, was that he felt a wet substance on his cheek, like someone or thing had licked it.

     "H-huh?" Sora opened his blue eyes slowly. He spotted (Y/n), with her face REALLY close to his. He blushed immensely red from the close proximity between them. A few more inches and their lips would touch.

     Then, I bonked him on the head with my fist. "Get your head out of the gutter!"

      "S-sorry.." He apologized. "Where are we?"

"Traverse town, I think." I told him. An orange dog with a green collar was sitting beside me. He helped me wake Sora up.

"So it's another world?!" Sora was getting excited.
"Not sure yet. We should go ask around first."
"Right!" Sora gave me a wide smile, his eyes closed. I gave Sora my hand and he took it without hesitation. We left the orange dog where he was and I even waved goodbye.
Traverse Town had a lot of lights and brick buildings. Much more sturdy than the ones on Destiny Islands. No sign of Riku or Kairi. How did we get separated like this?
"(Y/n)."
"Y-yeah?"
Sora was looking downwards to the solid town floor. He spoke in a shy sort of manner.
"You know what's going on don't you?"
"More or less."
The brown haired boy and I sat down at a café table and ordered two cups of water. Sora had his eyes closed again and his arms folded. He was thinking hard about what he was going to say next.
"What's this all about?"
"Well..." I took a deep breath. There was no need to hide anything anymore.
"I'm not from Destiny Islands."
"What?! But you've been with me and Riku all our lives."
"That's probably why he likes you so much." Sora mumbled. I was unable to hear it.
"That's just what this universe wants you to think. In reality, I'm not from your universe."
"WAIT WHAT?!!!" Sora yelled way too loudly. The citizens going on about their daily business, stopped and stared before awkwardly walking away.
I shushed Sora by putting my hand over his mouth. "Do you want everyone to know we don't belong here?!" I whispered. Since Sora couldn't speak, he just shook his head 'no'. I released my hand from his lips.
"I don't know how I got to your universe, but in my world, your whole story is a series of games called Kingdom Hearts."
"Games?"
"Video games."
"Kingdom Hearts?"
"Yes. Now can you focus?"
"I am!"
"Anyway." I continued. "You heard from the narrator that we have a weapon of some sort called the 'keyblade'."
"Yeah, but who's the narrator?"
"A very annoying voice who's only there when you need him. He talks in this deep mysterious voice, trying to hide the fact he hasn't gone through puberty."
"Like you know everything!" The narrator's voice was heard.
"Is that him?" Sora asked.
I nodded. "Yep." This was exactly part of the plan.
"You're smarter than you look, (Y/n)." The narrator said.
"Hey!"
"More importantly." The narrator ignored me. "Sora, you and your rude girlfriend there have received the power of the keyblade. There will be people coming to obtain the power you two possess. Only you can decide if their friend or foe."
"R-right."
"And as for you!" The narrator sounded annoyed while addressing me.
"The answers you need are closer than you think. Your job is to protect Sora. Try not to mess it up." I growled at the narrator and the air grew silent again. Sora looked perplexed again.
"We have a complicated relationship."