Ch. 3

Chapter three everyone, THE FEEL MAN OKAY, I'M GOING TO SHUT UP AND START THE STORY. WARNING: HUG A PILLOW. YOU BEEN WARN. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yugi p.o.v

That's evening, at dinner, I saw my whole life as if i had already lived it, and endless parade of parties and cotillions, of yachts and polo matches, always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at a great precipice with no one to pull me back, no one who cared or even notice.

I ran down the first deck promenade, I didn't care if I bump into the people who glared at my gauche behavior, but other people's opinion meant nothing to me; I didn't cared about anything or anyone else, or myself. The one thing and only thing was important- freedom. I clattering up the stairs to the stern deck, running across the dark and deserted fantail. My caught my breath in an occasional sob, which I tried to suppress. I slammed against the base of the stern flagpole and clung there, panting . Staring out at the black water, I suddenly knew what I wanted to do, what I had to do.

So I started to climb over the railing. I had to hitch my long evening dress way up, and the climbing was very clumsy. Moving methodically, I turned my body and hooked the heels of my evening slippers on the white- painted, my back was to the railing, facing out toward blackmass. Sixty feet below me, the massive propellers were churning the Atlantic into white foam, and a ghostly wake trailed off toward the horizon. I stood there, like a figurehead in reverse. I leaned out, my arms straightening, looking down hypnotized into the vortex below me. My clothes and hair were lifted by the cold wind of the ship's movement. The only sound about the rush of the water below, I looked down at the water, and I was preparing to let go and finally gain my freedom.

"Don't do it."

The voice almost startled me into letting go, but I hung on, looking towards the voice. It belonged to the same passenger whose eyes I had started earlier. His accent was American, but definitely lower class. What was he doing in first class, and how dare someone so far below then my class tried to stop me from doing what I desperately needed to do!.

"Stay back!." I cried. "Don't come any closer."

"C'mon. just give me your hand and I'll pull ya over."

"No! Stay where you are. I mean it, I'll let go."

He slowly walked up to the railing and threw his cigarette overboard. "No you won't."

"What do you mean, no I won't?. Don't presume to tell me what I will or will not do. You don't know me."

"Well, you woulda already done it."

"You're distracting me. Go away."

"I can't. I'm involved now. You let go, and I'll have to jump in there after you," and I started to untie my shoe.

"Don't be absurd. You'll be killed."

"I'm a good swimmer."

"The fall alone, would kill you."

"It would hurt. I'm not saying "it wouldn't." I bend down and started to untied my other shoe. "To tell ya the truth, I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold.