Chapter 8

Grace--------- (Adelaide Kaine)
If I Had a Heart- Fever Ray

Avalon

          I awoke and smiled at the sight before me, Ryder braiding Thea's hair. I smirked,knowing Thea probably blackmailed him. Yes,she does know how to do that already. "Thea,did you blackmail Ryder?". She giggled before nodding. Oh lord that child.
        I laughed and shooed her out of the room after telling her to get dressed since we have a meeting. I turned to Ryder and pecked him on the lips. " I must get ready". I can wear normal clothes, I just need to wear my crown.
        I put on a maroon dress,black ankle wedged boots and a black necklace. I grabbed my crown and placed it on my head.

 I grabbed my crown and placed it on my head

AN Hair and crown above

        I walked back into my room to see Ryder in a suit looking sexy as fuck. He turned towards me and a growl of approval filled the room. I smiled with my dark red lips and walked towards him.
        He stared down at me and tightly gripped my waist before saying,"You look beautiful my queen". I blushed before smiling at him. "Let's go meet my people". We walked together with his arm wrapped tightly around my waist.
        Whenever a male,mated or not, looked at me,he would give a warning growl. Oh gosh,his possessiveness turns me on so badly. His fingers tightened around my waist before I realized something.
       One,he can hear my thoughts since we had mated. Two, I left Thea with my best friend Grace. I looked frantically around,calming when I saw Thea standing next turns Grace, talking to my other friend,Bryce.
       I began to walk towards them until Ryder growled. I guess he noticed Bryce. "Ey Princessa's mother". "Bryce, my name is Avalon. Thea is the Princessa,I'm her mother,the Queen". He chuckled before picking Thea up.
           Ryder growled when she squealed. I gave him a warning glare before talking to Grace. Occasionally, I would look to see if Ryder was being nice. Thea,now,was on Ryder's shoulder laughing and grinning ear to ear.
        Grace saw what I was looking at and smiled. "Is he your new mate, Avalon?". I nodded before smiling at him. As if he sensed my stare,he looked towards me and smiled his heart - melting smile.
        God how I love him."His name is Ryder,he's the Alpha King". She smiled at me. " You must really love him".

            " I truly do".
*****
          I walked down the isle with Thea's tiny hand clasped in mine. All the foxes bowed their heads at their Queen and Princess.We reached our sat and I let Thea sit down before beginning.
       "Hello everyone. I hope everyone is doing well this fine evening. Any who, I have an announcement to make. I found my true mate. His name is Ryder and he is the Alpha King. And yes,we will probably join kingdoms. The werefoxes and werewolfs in a kingdom. May be call the Were Canine kingdom,since the were coyotes are giving the throne to me. And I truly believe that we all,can be safe if we join kingdoms. Few know about our existence since we are rare. If we are protected,we can bring our ranks up.Anyway, since the foxes practically rule this country,the kingdom will be here. So if you see any new people,don't threat. That's all I have to say,so let's begin the feast!"
         Everyone hooted and hollered ,applauded and screamed. I smiled efore grabbing Thea's hand again. I felt Ryder behind me before I smelt his scent."I love that idea babe. The were canine kingdom. I didn't know about the coyotes though". "I found out yesterday. That's where I was late afternoon,I was making the deal official. They can't have heirs,and they needed help. We are a strong kingdom. And all the coyotes agree".
           By then,I turned around and let Thea's hand go. I wrapped my arms around his neck before kissing him. He growled and pulled me even closer to him. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. Black swirls appeared in his topaz eyes. "Later",I hinted,knowing what we both wanted to do to each other.
      He nodded before kissing my mark. Everyone awed and I realized where we were. We weren't at the palace.
****
       After the feast,we headed back to the palace. I took Thea to her room and helped her gt ready for bed. I tucked her in before singing her a song. Of course, she had to try to sing along. And it was truly adorable.
I kissed her forehead before getting up and leaving her room. Shutting the door,I gasped when I saw Ryder standing there.
         "You are a wonderful mother Avalon". I blushed at the compliment before kissing his cheek.
He growled and lifted me up. All I know is that he was probably carrying me back to my,or our,room. I was placed on the bed before he slammed his lips on mine.
       And then we had sex until the early morning. "I must announce this to my kingdom. But I don't want to leave you". " Ryder,I can't leave my kingdom. I have no one to watch it,or Thea". We both stared each other in the eye before sighing. " I can try and get my parents to watch the kingdom,but we can't be gone for long",at this Ryder's eyes began to sparkle. " They can watch Thea too".
           He grinned before kissing me on the lips multiple times. I got up and instantly felt the urge to throw up. I sprinted to the bathroom and heaved everything I could muster up. Ryder rubbed my back as I heaved.
          "Avalon, how long have you been sick,like in throwing up?". " A few days".
            Ryder's eyes widened before he began digging in my cabinets. He found a pregnancy test and handed it to me. When did I buy one of these? My mom probably snuck it in here.  
          Clever woman. She knew I would most likely need one of these.
I opened the package and shooed Ryder out so I could pee on the stick. Once I finished doing my business, I opened the door and Ryder barreled in. I chuckled before capping the test and setting my timer.
           We both stood against the wall waiting. What if I am pregnant. What would Ryder do? Would he accept it? What if he doesn't want a child? My thoughts were halted when the timer went off.
         My eyes widened in fear and my hand was shaking. Finally,Ryder grabbed it and showed it to me. A red plus sign was all that I could see. I gasped before tears fell out of my eyes. Ryder pulled me into a hug and began kissing my head.
          Then he began to laugh and spun me around in circles."I'M GOING TO BE A DAD!!!" Screaming this while spinning us.Then he placed me down and knelt in front of me.Placinf his head on my stomach,Ryder began speaking,"Hi baby,this is your daddy speaking. I love you and your mommy and sister very much. I can't wait to see you".
         At this,tears fell from my eyes and I began to sob. Ryder looked up and yanked me into his arms. He cooed and rocked me back and forward while saying soothing things to me. I felt my eyes get heavy and finally,they shut while I was in the arms of my mate.