Chapter 5

Ryder----> ( Scott Eastwood )
Move Together- James Bay

Avalon-4 years later

    Flashback (4 years):  * I stared blankly at the test in my hand. Positive. I felt anger burst up within me. The dickwad got me pregnant. I'm pregnant.
I walked out and nodded towards my mom,tears filling my eyes. She nodded before engulfing me into a hug. I sobbed into her chest and let everything come out.*
          "Avalon,the Alpha King is going to visit us today.". I looked up at her and wiped my nose and eyes. I walked,more like ran into my room,before changing into a white pleated dress,a black leather jacket,and my trusty black ankle wedged boots. I put a black necklace and my earrings and a big black bow to pull my bangs back.
          A queen has to look perfect doesn't she? Yes, I was crowned Queen of the Foxes 3 years ago,after I gave birth to my baby girl, and I am still adjusting. It's a huge fucking change. From a normal person who's career was a detective to ruling a kingdom. Imagine the stress.
          Alaska kept pacing and yelping in my head and it was giving me a fucken headache. I don't know if it was about the baby or something else. " Avalon, come down honey". I ran towards the voice of my mother and father. It led to our throne room. I walked in and smelt something so entoxicating I almost fainted. I peered around and saw it was only my family and this guy who was even hotter than Vincent.
         No,I won't think of him anymore. " MINE". I gasped before turning and running out of the room. I heard a deep,powerful growl,but that didn't stop me. I can't have a second chance mate. Babe,remember,Vincent wasn't our real mate. It was a potion. I'm still not going to let him in.
         He probably won't even accept me since I wasn't a virgin and had a kid. Alaska whimpered before hiding in my mind. I hid in my favorite room of the palace,the library.
          I ran my fingertips against the spines of books. The smell of paper and slight dust surrounded the air. I let out a sigh as I realized I would have to face reality soon. The door was kicked open and everyone walked in after my mate.
          I instinctively put my hand over my heart. His eyes went down to my hand and he growled. Noticing my flinch,my mother strode towards me. "This wasn't your choice Avalon".
       She's right. I didn't choose to have sex or get pregnant. I held my head up and announced," I have a 3 year old because of dickwad raping me!". A huge weight was lifted off my shoulders.
        Still growling,he stalked towards me and clung to me. I stood still as a statue,slightly moving when I breathed. His smell was addictive. Lemon and Pine. Weird,but great when mixed together.
        "Hello mate. I'm Ryder,the Alpha King.". I looked up into his clear topaz eyes and got lost. I've never felt like this. Even with the dickwad, Vincent. His ashy brown hair styled perfectly and his strong build. He is just the definition of sexy in my books. And let's not forget his face. The cheekbones and that jaw.
          I heard a throat clear and I turned to see a amused set of men. My father,Lance and Athur. Yes,the fucking embarrassment. I glared before turning on my heel,walking out of the library. Stupid family.
         I heard footfalls and see that Ryder was following me. I waited for him to catch up before continuing. He grasped my hand as we walked and swung it back and forward. I felt a smile grace my face,without me even trying.
          That's how much he effects me. I let him pull me along before we were in a ballroom. I turned back towards him and saw his holding his hand out. I took it before music began to play( song above). He pulled on my hand,causing me to twirl into him. I nearly slammed into his chest,but he stopped me. He held me super close and began to guide me around the floor.
         Everytime we spun,my dress would float around me. Thing is,how did he know I love James Bay? If my parents told him,they're in trouble. The song ended and he continued to have us sway. It was like he had a personal tempo.
         Alaska was purring so loudly in my head,I had a headache. "Let's get to know each other". At this, I looked up to see him already peering down at me with his topaz eyes. I nodded and he looked expecting me to go. "I'm Avalon,I'm 23, crowned Queen 3 years ago and have a 3 year old daughter". Why did I fucking reveal that last part.
           Stupid mate bond. It made me immediately trust him. "Ryder,Alpha King,27, and a pissed off mate". I gaped at this as he pulled me into his chest. I yelped without thinking and his eyes filled with pain. It wasn't him, I was sore from defense classes today.
        And I told him that word for word. He nodded before kissing my forehead. I yawned and he scooped me up into his arms.
         After a couple of minutes, I was laid on my bed. How I knew,was the scent of cookies. Which I have stashed in here. The bed dipped and I felt a body drag me closer to it. Sparks and tingles engulfed my body.
        But these were more powerful than the ones with Vincent. But Ryder was different than Vincent. He had beautiful eyes that shined with a huge amount of love. His body was more buff but attractive. He knew how to make me smile without knowing anything about me.
           He was perfect for me. He listened to me and was understanding. He had moments that he truly scared me, and I don't know why. He's like my giant teddy bear.