Ch.5

"I'm not going to ask you anything." Said Riley, walking up to Maya as she left her history class.
"Then what do you want?"
"Would you like to come over for dinner?"
"That's a question."
"Right." They both softly chuckled.
"I would really like it if you could come and I'm not going to ask questions about whatever it was that I didn't see when you wanted me to and don't want me to now."
"Why are you inviting me?"
"Because I miss you."
"I'll see."
"Walk to art together?" Maya shrugged her shoulders but they began to walk.
"So is the beanie and cardigan your signature clothing." She was wearing he black beanie and a gray and purple stripped cardigan that fell to her knees with a gray shirt underneath.
"I wear them all the time so I guess you could say that." She looked up at Riley.
"Yours are overall dresses and floral print."
"Always have been. Your hairs gotten so long. I like it."
"Thank you."
They walked in and sat down in there seats on opposite sides of the room.
"You can talk quietly, listen to music if you want, I don't really care, as long as you are working. Continue working on the paintings you were working on last time. I will come around and take a look." Said the teacher. Maya looked back down and pulled her sketchbook out. She opened it to the page with the sketch she had use colored pencils with so she could use it as a guideline and recreate it in a painting.

Mayas was of little girl and her sister, facing away, their hair in messy buns, wearing nightgowns. She pushed her hair behind her ears and put her headphones on. Then she began. Suddenly, someone plopped down next to her. She continued as if he hadn't. Suddenly, her sketchbook got pulled away. She put her headphones around her neck.
"What was that for." She said, snatching it back.
"Is that what your painting?"
"Yep." She stuck her headphones back on and went back to painting. He snatched her headphones of and stuck them on.
"The rolling stones." She nodded and then lifted up her phone, and then pulled the plug out, pausing the music.
"Your cute." He said, mockingly but meaning it, though she didn't know that though and didn't care, and placing down the headphones. He grabbed her sketchbook again and stood up, holding it high above his head. She looked up with her bright blue eyes shooting into his like soft daggers. Only soft because when it came to Maya, soft daggers were extremely painful.
"Lucas Martinez Friar." Said the teacher.
"Thats not my middle na-"
"Give her back her sketchbook." He sighed and sat back down, handing it to her.
"Thank you, Martinez."
"Shut up." She smiled, pushed a piece of hair behind her shoulder, and went back to her painting.