Ch.14

"Do you know what class Maya Hart is in?"
"Oh, Maya. I saw her come in." Said the 20 year old blond behind the desk. She typed something into her computer.
"Right now, she is in advanced hip-hop, studio 3, upstairs and to the left. Theres about ten minutes left."
"Thank you."
"No problem." They followed her directions. There was a window to the studio next to the door. Maya was easy to recognize, wearing her cardigan and beanie as always, with leggings and sneakers this time. She was on the side, standing next to someone, laughing. Lucas couldn't help but smile. Riley noticed.
"Look at lover boy." She said to Farkle.
"I just missed her smile." They walked into the room and the music became louder. The song was '2A.M.' Maya didn't notice them as they quietly joined the other spectators.
"Last group." Yelled the teacher. About five kids, including Maya stepped into the center. "5,6,7,8." They began. Maya was free quick, sharp, and fierce. She moved quicker and smother than they had ever seen. And she seemed happier then they had ever seen her. Towards the end of the combination the teacher called out.
"Maya against Drake. 5,6, 7,8." Drake began. Maya stood, looking unamused. Drake was really good.
"I really wanna see her beat that." Said Topanga. Now it was Maya turn. She came back, harder, sharper, and more creatively.
"Wow." Said Lucas. The people watching cheered. Maya gave drake a smirk.
"Everyone." Yelled the teacher.
"Go Maya!" Yelled Riley. Maya turned to Riley, having been unaware of her presents. She looked at her teacher, who was dancing with everyone now,  and then back, walking towards them.
"Why are you here."
"You are an amazing dancer."
"Thank you but no and that doesn't answer my question."
"Yes and we came here to see you dance."
"Well, you saw."
"Kay." Yelled the teacher. "Get ready for your next class."
"Better get ready." Said Riley. She turned and walked out of the room. It took them a few minutes but they ended up finding her in the studio down the hallway.
"What class is this?" Asked Riley, sitting down as the students stretched before class began.
"It's lyrical." Said a lady, next to her.
"Oh. Okay, thanks."
"You're still here." Said Maya. She now had her hair in a ponytail with make up over her bruise.
"Why don't you want us here?" Asked Topanga.
"I don't really know. Dance just feels like a separate world to me. Not saying that it's a good thing. It's just weird, having them collide. Kinda like getting to know you again." She said to Riley. "It's just weird for me having what seems like my old life collide with my new."
"Huh." Said Riley, beginning to understand what Maya was feeling towards her.
"Just pretend that we're not here. Just dance cause we really wanna see it." Said Topanga.
"Let's begin." For a while they learned the dance and then they performed it a few at a time. Maya was in the third and last group with three other girls.

Lucas loved watching Maya dance. They all stayed until the end of the class but Lucas stayed after. He stayed until the end of all of her classes. They didn't speak. He just watched.