Ch.11

It was another art class and this time, they had a plan. The teacher left the room and Lucas suddenly grabbed Mayas brush, holding it above him. Maya jumped up and reached up for it. Today she was wearing a light weight blue cardigan, reaching her knees, with a black tank top, black beanie and jeans. When she reached up for it, one of the sides of the cardigan slipped off of her shoulder, revealing a blue and black arm with a few cuts from glass shards. She grabbed it and pulled it back over her shoulder. Lucas was frozen as tears formed in Mayas eyes. He placed her brush down and grabbed her hand.
"Come on." He whispered.
"I'm not coming."
"That looked really bad, Maya. I'm concerned." He pulled her into the hallway and into Cory's room. Cory had a free period and turned around to look at the two. Maya was subconsciously squeezing Lucas's hand really tightly.
"Maya's hurt."
"Do you need to go to the nurse?" Maya shook her head. "Where are you hurt?" Lucas let go of her hand and pulled the cardigan off of her shoulder. He realized that it went further down so he pulled it down to her elbow. Her arm was decorated with bruises and scars. The bruises were black and blue and red and large.
Maya broke down crying, as she pulled it back up. Lucas wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug, allowing her to sob into his shoulder.
"I'm calling the police." Said Cory.
"Please." Said Maya, stepping back from Lucas. "He's gonna hurt me really bad if you do." She sobbed some more.
"He's already hurt you badly."
"Please don't." She said. Lucas pulled her back into a hug.
"Is it your stepfather?" She nodded. Cory stepped out of the room and called the police.
"It's over." Said Lucas. "He's not going to be able to get you."