Prologue- Leo

Leo's POV:

Hey. First off before I go on with all off this personal junk, I'm just gonna lay this out there.

I don't like people.

I don't have friends. I don't have a family. I don't need friends. I don't need a family.

I don't want anyone in my life. I don't want a girlfriend. Or a boyfriend. Or a friend at all. Or a little furry animal that people expect me to love and have affection towards.

I would run away to a deserted island if possible and live there by myself forever.

So if you think I have any feelings toward you at all other than disgust, you're terribly mistaken.

If you don't like that, well, the door is that way.

Leave.

Anyways, hello again. My name is Leo Valdez, age 17.

When I was eight I was at the mall with my mother. She saw some boy crying and went to go help him, she told me to stay and not move.

So I stayed. I was a little kid and I didn't know where my mother was, she was gone for so long.

I started panicking. I got up and ran around the mall blubbering like a baby calling for my mommy.

I remember a man striking out at me and grabbing me. I freaked and the next thing I knew my hands were on fire as well as the man's sleeve.

The man was screaming in pain of being burned. Kids were screaming at the sight of a burning man. People were screaming at stores catching fire almost impossibly fast.

So much screaming...

Everyone was rushing to find the exits, alarms blared and I was knocked down and passed out.

When I woke I discovered there were barely any survivors, but I was the only one unharmed. Therefore I was blamed for this disaster and sent to live with my Aunt Rosa.

She did things to me that I would never forget. Told me things the I will never forget. But she soon kicked me out and turned my family against me.

At the age of 9, I ran away from all of them.

At the age of 14, I already ran away 6 times from horrible foster homes.

At the age of 15, a man approached me asking if I wanted to join a place known as S. E. C. R. E. T. S.

I said no and he tried to kidnap me. I panicked once again and accidentally burned him severely. I'm not sure what happened after that, I blacked out and the next thing I know I'm shaking on the ground and his vehicle was alive with fire.

After that if someone approaches me, especially a man, I scream at them to leave me alone. If they don't I will my hands to be on fire.

Soon they all run away in fear.

I never wanted to hurt anyone but the world is a cruel place. Anything beautiful or innocent the world crushes it and stomps it out.

Things happen. People die. People are killed. People get burned. And being weak isn't an opinion, it's mandatory.

Finally, I was caught off guard at the age of 16. They took me to a cell and left me there alone in the dark for two months and three days. They gave me only a couple pieces of bread a week.

After the months, they explained to me why I was there and what was going to be done to me if I didn't cooperate.

So I listened.

They trained me to become numb and their monster.

I am their favorite. They told me there were others with powers, but I was the only one who followed directions and lived.

They allowed me out of my old cell and to an upper floor cell where light was always on. I was no longer in the dark 24/7.

Now I have a bigger cell with lights and food every day.

Life couldn't be better.

They trained me to kill and not feel any remorse.

I haven't seen anyone like me. I haven't seem anyone my age. I haven't seen anyone in black jumpsuits like me.

I've only seen people in white suits usually performing experiments on me. And I've seen those in black, rich looking suits, those people trained me.

I haven't tried to escape, or fight back. I am no longer Leo Valdez.

I am Project 0707.