chapter 2

Currently, I was bored out of my brain in my last class of the day. My teacher was boring the shit out of me and I wished I was anywhere else but here.

I had roughly fifteen more minutes before school was done for the day and I could get to work and then do some laps around the track, before finally heading home and getting ready for a night out to start my weekend.

I heard my phone vibrate before seeing who the text was from. It was Aiden. He kindly informed me that he would be picked me up at around eight to take me to the party. Alcoholic beverages and a lot of hot guys. The perfect start to my weekend.

I silently groaned realising that I couldn't ride my baby to the party in my party attire. The thought saddened me. I tried to avoid being alone with Aiden at all costs.

I tried to avoid being around any boy at all cost actually. Boys and me didn't really mix or end well. I sent back a quick text letting him know that it was fine and I would be ready by eight. I finished my shift at five thirty and would spend until roughly seven on the track.

Finally the bell rang and I was free from this prison I called school. I grabbed my bag and headed to my bike. I placed my helmet on before starting my baby and driving to the garage.

The wind was blowing around me and I knew I was in my element. Riding was one of the purest moments of enjoyment I had ever experienced. The thrill of it and the adrenaline rush was incredible.

Too soon, the ride was over and I was in front of the garage. The boys had already beaten me here and were already working away on the cars. Since I had started working here, it was my job to fix the bikes. I had learned all I could about them and knew how to take them apart and put them back together again.

For the next few hours until five thirty, I was left alone with the bikes. It was an unspoken rule between the five of us. We would never disturb each other unless it was urgent.

Those few hours I had alone with the bikes were my time. Where I could forget everything for those few hours and be in a world of my own. Where I did not have to live up to anyone's expectations or disappoint anyone either. It was I all alone with my toys and that was the way I liked it.

I specialised in bikes along with Aiden and Andrew, while Jay and Marco specialised in cars. We all had our own thing that we excelled at.

I felt his presence before actually saw him. It was strange how well my body knew exactly when he was around. It scared me a little actually.

"Hey Aiden, can I help you?" I asked, sounding a little confused.

"No, not really, I just like watching you work," he said with a smirk.

"Don't you have your own work to do?" I said turning back to my tools.

"Actually I don't, we're done for the day and it's your track time."

I glanced at the clock I kept on my workbench and saw that he was right. I should be on the track practising but I was too absorbed in my work to notice the time. It was six and that meant I only would have had an hour left till I had to leave to get ready for the party.

"Maybe I should just skip the track today and head home to get ready," I said more to myself than him.

"It's up to you, I'm heading out so better be quick," he said grabbing his keys so he could lock up.

I hastily put my tools away and took off my overalls, which were covered in grease from the bikes and hung it up on my hook. I scrubbed my hands at the sink before grabbing my bag and helmet and heading out.

"I'll see you at eight then Sav," he said, sending shivers down my spine.

I did not understand why this boy affected me so much.

"I'll see you soon," I replied before kick-starting my bike and taking off as quick as I could.

I did not want to let on that he affected me the way he did. I didn't need him to get cocky or try and get in my pants. My life was already way too complicated to handle a boy as well.

Once I got home, I parked my bike in the garage next to my car and as silently as I could, headed up the stairs to my room without letting my parents know that I was home.

We had a silent pact to avoid each other at all costs. Since I broke the news to them about me throwing away my education and wanting to work at the garage for the rest of my life, they were certainly not at all thrilled with me and disowned me as their child, turning all of their attention to my older sister, Isabelle. She loved it and I could not give a fuck really.

I had succeeded in avoiding my parents and jumped into the shower, letting the hot water run down my body, easing away any tension I was feeling. I washed all the grease off me before washing my hair. I was about to fall asleep when I remembered that I had a party to attend. I got out and wrapped a fluffy towel around my body and hair before picking something to wear.

I had the perfect outfit planned to drive everyone crazy and to piss off a few people as well. I slipped into my lacy black bra and matching panties. I then proceeded to blow dry my hair and switch the curler on. After being a serious nerd for far too long, I knew I needed to up my style choices. I had learned a few tricks thanks to YouTube tutorials and with some practise, could now transform myself into a semi-good looking human being.

Once my hair was dry enough I started on my makeup. I put on some concealer and foundation before adding some eyeliner to rim my eyes and a little bit of mascara. I let that set and went back to curling my hair. Once it was all curled, I sprayed some hairspray to hold the curls and turned to look at my reflection. My hair was perfect and fell in soft ringlets to the middle of my back. My eyes looked bluer due to my dark hair and seemed to pop with the eye makeup.

I went back into my room to complete my outfit. In the back of the wardrobe was a dress I had bought not long after my transformation. It was a tight body hugging dress that showed off all the right assets. It was a dark shade of red and went right above my knees. I paired my dress with black heels and turned to look at the clock. It was close to eight. I was not going to bother with a bag or jacket because I knew by the end of the night I would be a wasted mess and would end up losing them anyway.

I stuffed my phone in my bra and turned off my light, leaving only my lamp on. I made it look like my sleeping form was in my bed before slipping out through my window.

If I were caught, I would not care. My parents would be mad but there was nothing they could do. They wanted to keep their reputation right up there which meant pretending a problem didn't exist until the public addressed it and then acting like they had no idea. That would not work so well this time because I was their daughter and it meant they were reflected in the public's eye as bad parents.

I just ignored the whole situation and continued doing what I was doing. I was not setting a bad name for myself so I had nothing to worry about. Every teenager has been wasted before. It is a normal part of teenage life and I would laugh about it when I was old and grey.

I jumped to the ground to be met by Aiden's body close to mine. I spun to face him and saw that our heads were almost touching from the close proximity. His eyes were on me, taking in every detail.

"Are you right there?" I asked in a low voice so that only he could hear me.

"I'm great now and you?"

"Waiting to go to this party so I can get absolutely mortal," I laughed heading to his car. He had turned his headlights off so that my parents would not notice. I always told him to park around the corner but he never listened. He thought it would be hilarious if I were caught with a boy, let alone himself.

"The princess's chariot awaits," he said gesturing to his car. I got in and soon enough we were at the party. It was already in full swing. People were grinding and drunken bodies were everywhere. I got out to see that Aiden was already by my side.

"What are you doing?" I growled.

"What does it look like?"

"It looks like you're my date and we wouldn't want that."

"Sav, it's me. Do you really think I care what other people think? Let them think that I'm banging your hot piece of ass."

I slapped him before walking ahead in a huff.

"Oh come on Sav, it's not like you don't know that I think you're hot. I always have had a soft spot for you, even before you got seriously good looking."

"Now that's where you're wrong. You only like me because I have gotten good with the bikes and you know I deserved a chance. I proved myself worthy and that is all there is too it. I was never good looking and this isn't even natural," I said gesturing to myself. "I have to try so hard for people to like me Aiden and all you have to do is look their way. You and I would never work, we're too different."

"You're just making up excuses before there's a chance for anything to happen," he replied coolly, before walking into the party, leaving me standing alone.

I thought about his words, trying hard to not let them affect me. Somewhere deep inside me knew that he liked me for who I actually was and not someone I was trying to be. He understood me better than anyone else did but a small part of me thought that if I hadn't changed my appearance and stopped doing what everyone else wanted me to do, then would he still feel as he did now?

I snapped myself out of my thoughts and took a deep breath, refocusing on the party. I would not let Aiden get to me. I had done a good job of shutting everyone out of my life before he came along and I wasn't planning on stopping now.

With my head held high, I walked into the party and grabbed the fist drink I could get my hands on.

Bring on tonight.

I was getting so drunk I wouldn't remember my own name.