chapter 10

Once I got home, I needed a hot shower. I was dirty from the track and I needed to chill out. My head was a mess and all I really wanted to do was curl up in my bed and go to sleep. It had been a long day and I was still a little on edge about the race and Aiden and Carter. I hated feeling like I was always in the middle of the two and I hated the thought of having to choose between them even more. Just the thought killed me.

I stripped off my clothes and stepped into the hot shower. I started washing my hair and massaging the shampoo, releasing some of the tension. I felt better already. I didn't want to have to deal with all of my problems. I would much rather just forget they existed. I knew Carter would be sending me a text soon about today or wanting to see me. I didn't think I would be up to seeing him. Carter and I weren't even labelled. I don't really know what we are. I think we're friends with benefits but I know he wants to be something more and I can't help but feel like I would be betraying Aiden. Maybe I did have feelings for the boy after all. I was that stupid girl caught in a stupid fucking love triangle because my heart was being a selfish bitch and couldn't make up its mind about who I loved. My lady parts liked Carter and sure I felt something for the guy but Aiden was a whole other ball game. I sound like a whiney bitch.

Aiden just had a way of always being in my head, even right this second. He was my best friend but he was a massive pain in my ass. I turned the shower off and grabbed a towel from the towel rack, wrapping it around me. I stepped out of the shower and grabbed my brush before running it through my hair. I plugged in my hair dryer and proceeded to dry my hair. Once that was done I dried myself off and put on my clothes. Yes I was that girl who dried her hair naked, don't judge me. My oversized shirt felt like heaven as I climbed into bed before hearing a faint knocking nose. I decided to ignore it and continued my task of getting into bed when the sound got louder. Less than a minute later, I heard the sound again and I started to freak out.

I walked over to where the sound was coming from and started to slowly look around when a rock hit my window.

"What the hell," I exclaimed.

I open my window and looked out and saw Aiden throwing rocks at my window.

"Aiden what the hell are you doing?"

"Hey Sav, beautiful night isn't it for Romeo and Juliet or is it Rapunzel? I'm throwing rocks to get your attention dummy. It doesn't take this long in the movies to get the girl's attention though."

"You have no brain I swear. In case you haven't realised we're not in the movies. You're going to wake my parents up so you might want to keep it down".

"Well move so I can come up."

Unfortunately this wasn't the first time Aiden had done this and by this I mean sneak up into my room not the rock throwing. He quickly climber the tree where the branches were close enough to climb into my window. Once he was inside I made quick work of closing the window before I could attract any more attention to myself or Aiden.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"I wanted to come see you."

"And why would you want to do that?"

"Well I haven't spent much time with you lately and I wanted to come over and see how you were doing. I also wanted to check in with you about your situation with Carter and if I could change your mind about leaving," he said with a big smile on his face.

"Well I haven't spoken to Carter if that's what you're here for so you can leave Aiden."

"Maybe I just want to see you Sav, not everything is about Carter."

"I know that not everything is about Carter but not everything is about you either Aiden. I don't want there to be any competition between you and Carter. I want you to be here because you want to be and not because you have a point to prove."

Aiden grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close to him.

"Listen to me Savannah, I'm here because I want to be here, not for any other reason, I don't need to be competing with Carter, and you're my best friend. If you want to be more than you just have to ask. I'm not pushing you and I don't want someone else's girl even if you were my girl first. You know I'm the one for you and you'll realise that soon but for now I'm happy with just being your friend."

"Aiden, I..."

"No you don't have to say anything, that wasn't my intention. Just forget it for now, I just want to spend time with you."

"Ok."

"Good. Let's just talk until I have to go alright."

"Alright," I agreed.

*

I woke up to the sun streaming in my window. I rolled over and pulled the sheets over my head until I felt something next to me. I don't remember exactly when but at some point last night, Aiden and I fell asleep.

I pushed him lightly.

"Aiden wake up!" the bastard didn't move.

"Aiden," I huffed, pushing him harder.

"What," he mumbled.

"Would you get up and maybe get out of my bed."

"Oh shit, we fell asleep."

"Yeah we did and now you need to go before anyone realises."

"Woah Princess, are you freaking out?" he asked.

"Maybe why? As if you're not. If we get caught we'll be in more trouble and we slept in the same bed, like next to each other."

"Well it felt nice and is definitely something I could get used to," he smirked.

"You're such a perve."

"And you're such a prude."

"I am not a prude now get out."

"I only just woke up. A man can't catch a break with you can he?"

"No, now get out."

"Alright I'm going, hold your horses."

"Good maybe you could move just a little faster."

"I'll see you later than Princess," he said kissing my cheek as he grabbed his shoes and climbed over the window.

"I'm sure I will," I replied watching him leave before rolling over and falling back to sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey guys,

I don't normally write author notes but wanted to see how you all were and what you thought of this chapter and just the general direction of the book so far.

Comment on your favourite line for this chapter and some awesome one liners you think Aiden would say.

Who's your favourite character so far and are we like Savannah as a character or does anyone find her annoying? She's a very confused girl at the moment who doesn't know what or who she wants.

What would you all like to see come out of this book?

Looking forward to hearing from you all and sorry for my absence have had writers block and just haven't had time to write but working on a new chapter soon.

Song for this chapter is Tori kelly's Should've been us :)

Lots of love,

Tori

xo