13: I'm Finally Loved

My eyebrows furrowed, "Amra- what? What does that mean?"

"How long has he been calling you this?"

"I've never heard those words before in my life," I said slowly, "Thorin, what does it mean?"

"It means My Love in Khuzdul, the dwarvish language. It means that his love is greater than anything else for you."

My eyes bugged out.

"W-wha? He? I? Me? No no. You-!" I stammered because I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Thorin said, "Andiel, are you alright?"

"Yeah," I said in a high pitched noise, "I just need a breather."

I sat down on the floor and stared at the ground.

"I don't wanna hurt him," I whispered and looked up at Thorin.

He replied with a smile, "And you won't."

"How do you know that? I don't! I don't know what I'm supposed to say or what to do. I'm completely new to all this. I'm not bold. I-" I sighed, "I wanna show him I love him back."

The words tasted bitter in my mouth. Something could happen to either of us. We could fall out of love with each other, start getting tired of each other, he could sleep with my best friend...

I ran my hands through my hair in an attempt to forget the past.

"We braid each other's hair as a sign of courtship. We all thought that you already had someone because you had one in your hair," Thorin explained.

My face lit up, "Oh! That's the reason why Kili asked me that question when we first met!"

I smiled and hugged him again.

"Thank you Thorin. For listening, understanding, ha even caring," he smiled and nodded, "Now I gotta go braid Kili's hair."

I walked back towards the dwarves who were either laughing or snoring. I passed Bilbo on the way back.

"Oh! Hello, Ms. Andiel," he said and smiled.

"Bilbo," I smiled, "Y-you don't have to call me that. Thorin's up ahead. Might wanna go talk to him."

I smiled and mentally scored a goal. I would get those two together by the end of this journey, even if it was the last thing I did. The dwarves were milling around and still eating when I got there. I say them and waved.

"Andiel! Nice for you to join us again," Bofur said, "Your leg better now?"

I lifted up my dress a little to look at it.

"Yeah," I replied, "All good."

"Did any elves give you trouble?" Dwalin gruffed.

"Okay, what's up with this hatred?"

Balin explained, "Lass, dwarves and elves have never gotten along. Then King Thranduil turned away from us when Smaug attacked Erebor; he was right on top of the cliff looking over the vast mountain. He saw us running for our lives, and did nothing."

My eyes widened.

"All I wanna do is split his head open," Dwalin muttered and crossed his arms.

"Okay I officially don't like him for not helping you guys, but that also doesn't mean you guys have to hate every elf you see." I sighed, "By the way, where's Kili?"

"Did someone call?" Kili said.

I turned around grabbed his hand.

"Come on!"