The soldiers, citizens of their people, joined forces and fought alongside Junmyeon, thinking that because he was one of The Twelve, that he would protect them. That he would bring them all together, victorious from battle without a single life lost. Because Junmyeon was hopeful for that. But what he couldn't take was that these men, separated from their loved ones and families, risked their lives to fight alongside him, and he didn't. know. their. names.

And they knew his.

There was just no time and too many people. The creatures just came, wave after wave, after wave. They were all mentally and physically and emotionally exhausted, and... well, really, how would to ask for someone's name when there's war surrounding you? Where there's a person or creature yelling in pain, when there's weapons clashing against each other, each side hoping of destruction of the other?

The waves roar a bit louder, reflecting Junmyeon's inner thoughts. However, scared to unleash the waves and cause havoc, Suho took a deeper breath and almost immediately, the waves rolled into softer ripples.

A figure walked up to the top of the hill, and overlooked the beautiful morning scenery.

Yixing watches his gege for a few more moments before he slowly walks down the sandy beach, and stops next to Suho.

"Good morning hyung." Lay said calmly with a dimpled smile.

"Good morning Lay." Suho replied back.

"It must be hard not to let the waves take over your feelings."

"What do you mean?"

"I felt that way when I arrived at the hospital. There were so many people. All injured. Some dying. I took care of them all, but... I just wanted to go onto the field and..."

"Kill them all." Suho answered as Lay nodded.

"Yes."

"To protect everyone."

"Exactly. So it's really hard to suppress that feeling."

"Was I making too much noise?" Suho asks as his dongsaeng nods.

"You calmed down though." Lay points out. "The hyung that saved you would be thankful for you Junmyeon hyung."

"What do you mean? I've done nothing for him..."

"You fought. You protected. It's all that matters."

"I didn't. If I was faster, I would've saved him."

"No you wouldn't. This is fate hyung. We can't do anything about it." Lay says, but then adds after a silence, "My grandfather told me that fate happens for a reason, be it cruel or kind. But you know Suho hyung, the hyung that died... you can avenge him."

"How? He's already dead and I can't do anything for him..."

"You can harness the bad energy you have into fighting. You can avenge all the people who have been slain by the enemy by fighting and winning for them. That's what I always think hyung. As grandfather has taught me. You must be calm and strong against the chaos around you. Be brave, hyung. And then you will be if you believe you are."