17: I've Sat In This Chair For Five Hours!

Out of maybe seventy people, we accepted twenty. Canon Wilson, Carson Adams, Hunter Perez, Maya Samson, a phenomenal tap dancer, Katelyn Esters, a ballet dancer, Tony Delacruz, Ella Mason, Rylie Sanders, all hip hop dancers, Sadie Smith, Timothy Hayden, Kitty Simons, all jazz dancers, and finally, Logan Collins.
  Logan is kind of intimidating to me, considering he's just as good, if not better, than Jada, and I've never seen anyone better than my brother. The fact that he knows as many genres as I do is also a bit daunting, but what can I do? He's talented, but seems to have an ego the size of Jupiter. These are the best of the twenty.
Well, technically we've said maybe to twenty seven, but twenty of those are definitely a yes. Jada doesn't want anyone to join unless we know all that they can do.
"We have to make sure," he complains, and I roll my eyes.
"I've sat in this chair for five hours!" Jada smirks.
"I know. That's why you're going to dance with them."
"What? No!"
"It was your idea," he points out. I sigh. Eh, what the heck?
"Fine, what do I do?"

*. *. *. *. *

"Okay! We want to know all of the dance styles you know, so we're going to call our names, and if you hear yours. If you don't, I'm sorry, and thank you for your time!" Jada calls, and people start to get worried.
I begin to call names, and once all twenty seven are all called, I shout, "thank you all very much for coming! If you're name wasn't called, we ask that you start to clear out!" I watch one girl burst into tears as people file out, and I immediately feel terrible.
I jump over the table and rush over to her. I give her a hug. "I really thought I'd get it!" She cries, and I give her a sad smile.
"Maybe next time. Don't ever give up on your hope." At this she smiles and nods, wiping away her tears. She stands, and looks at me.
"Thanks for letting me dance for you guys." I give her a huge grin and nod. And then she's off.
I walk over to the group once most everyone has cleared out, and shout, "alright, make a circle!" The group quickly does as I say, and I step into the middle.
"This is how it's going to work: the crew has put snippets of random songs from different genres on a CD, and we want to see how fast you can transition from genre to genre. I'll demonstrate." Right as the last word comes out of my mouth, I heard the music start.
I immediately recognize the song, and begin to do animation. Only a minute later do I hear hip hop, and full out dance. When I hear salsa music, I begin to Latina dance. I do contemporary, ballet(which was hard in high tops), and I was just finishing floclodicco when the music cut off.
  I turn to them and say, "got it?" They nod yes and when I make my way out of the circle, I hear someone say, "how isn't she out of breath?" I laugh lightly. This is fun.

*. *. *. *. *. *

  At the end of the auditions, two more people were accepted into the twenty: Reed and Simon Kyle. They're two Irish twins who dance hip hop. They're pretty good, and it's safe to say that the dance crew has more than doubled in size. Once there were twenty six of us, and now there are forty six of us. It would've been forty eight, but my brother and Kristen are forced to leave. My heart feels broken. How am I going to live without him?
  I shake the thought away, and drag Elijah and Dakota to the mall. I know: three times in one week!
  It's just that I want to give Jada something before he leaves, and Kristen and I talked about just how to do it. I pick up the two shirts I ordered, and the onsie I ordered yesterday while I was advertising for today. I then drag the complaining twins back to the car and race home. What? Every moment with him counts now.
  I park and we all walk into the house. I'm surprised to see the lights are off.
  "That's weird," Dakota says, and flicks them on.
  "SURPRISE!!!!" I hear people yell, and I squeak, dropping the bags and fall to the floor, covering my head while squatting. I know. What a great reaction.
  Unfortunately for me, I had the worst one too: all Dakota did was freeze, while Elijah stood there, taken aback.
  I hear laughing and a few 'awwwwwe's, but when somebody lifts me up bridal style, they know just how bad they scared me.
  "Wow, she's shaking guys!" Andy calls, and I blush and hide my face in my hands. They laugh again.
  Andy sets me down, and Jada scoops me up in a hug, saying enthusiastically, " happy birthday, guys!" I simply nod, my voice still not working. It was scared away.
  "You terrified her!" Mom exclaims, and embraces me in a hug. I return it with double the force.
  "So, maybe a surprise party wasn't the best idea," CC says, and we all laugh, including me.
  "Sorry, I was just really surprised," I say weakly, and smile. "You all didn't have to do this!"
  "We did! And someone wants to give you guys their present early!" Mom squeals, and I loop arms with the twins. Mom points a little ways behind us, and I turn to see Andy, sitting on one of the kitchen bar stools, Jake on the other with a guitar, and Jinxx with his violin.
  Once Jake strums the first chord to lost it all, I internally loose it.
  Andy begins to sing, and his normally gravelly voice is smooth and a tad bit raspy, and I can't help but fall for him even more. What did the kiss mean to him? Was it just a kiss, or did it mean something like it did for me?
  I think this way all the way until Jinxx's violin solo, in which I let myself choreograph a dance for the song. I know. Sad.
  The song ends, and I smile, my eyes filling with tears.
  "I don't think you have any idea how much that means to us," I sniffle, and I hear a sniffle beside me, and am attacked by CC.
"Don't cry my viper queen! You're too perfect!"
"Viper Queen?" I ask bluntly, and CC shivers.
"Your eyes remind me of a snake," he admits.
"They're only hazel," I say defensively, and he raises his hands in surrender.
"Okay," Kristen says, breaking up the conversation. "Time for cake."

I felt like this was a good place to stop.Okay see you next chapter! byes!