14: Okay, Now I Feel Bad

Nora^

I shut my eyes. "Can you get him to leave?" I beg, my voice barely above a whisper.
  "I'll try."
  "Keep us on the phone. I'll put us on mute," I call. I pull back and mute the phone, as well as out it on speaker.
"Mr. Jeff, a surprise to see you still here," Nora introduces, a small dose of bitterness in her voice.
"Bite your tongue, girl, I can put you and your family with the snap of my fingers," he growls, which, sadly is true, due to the fact that he abuses his lawyer abilities. "Anyway, is my wife and daughter here?" I roll my eyes, but look at Mom, to see her eyes glossing over. "They ran away, and I think it might have to do with my wife cheating--"
"HELL NO!" I ground out, shooting up and flying towards the door. Within a moment, Jada is in front of me, trying to keep me in the room, and I don't hesitate: I knee the boy where the sun doesn't shine. As he groans and falls to the floor, I don't feel an ounce of guilt. When Elijah tried to do the same, he got kneed as well. Sadly, Ashley Purdy suffers the same fate when he tried to hold me back as well. Okay, maybe a twinge of guilt on that one.
  Andy is smarter, and scoops me up bridal style, while staying a good distance away from my kicking range. He and CC hold me down, so I'm in a kind of hog tied laying position across their laps. I listen to the rest of the conversation while trying to wriggle free. Eventually Jake and Jinxx both have to help keep me down.
  "--is way too good for you!" Nora growls, making me wish I knew what had happened.
  "Anyway, I recognized the Inuit twin's car, and my son's, sothought I'd wait them out. I know she's in that dance crew. The masks were smart."
  "Well she's not in the crew anymore. She left when Lexi came. I asked the twins where Blade was, and they stared at me like I had two heads. You scared the girl into listening to you. Guess you're going to have to dig a bit harder now. "
  "I'll find them. I know I will. Nice to see you again, Nora," he says smugly, before the line went silent.
  A few moments later, Nora says into the phone, "you still there?" Dakota takes it off mute.
  "We're here, Nora. Blade can't talk right now, she's a bit...she stares at me, pretty much pinned down with my mouth covered, "occupied."
  "Okay. Well he left, so you should be good to go. "
  "Thanks Nora."
"Any time. Ciao," the French girl calls, ending the call.
  "Can I let you go now?" Andy chides, and I nod. Both CC and Andy let me go, and I spring up and race over to Mom, who's staring at the floor crushed. I put a hand in her shoulder. She sniffles.
  "He didn't mean it," lie, trying to comfort her.
  "Yes, Honey, he did," she argues weakly. "I've just been delusional, thinking we could fix our relationship." She's obviously talking about Dad and her. I sigh and rub her back. Elijah and Jada give us sorrowful looks.
  "Hey," I nudge her. "Remember our promise? Today is our day. No Husband, no son, no twin, no father. And absolutely no crying over them. " she sniffles again. "Just for today. We promised," I remind, and she smiles and nods at me.
"Blade, who was that?" Jinxx asks, and I gulp, training my eyes on the floor.
"Blade?" Andy tries, and I let out a shaky sigh.
"My Dad," I sat quietly, and I watch Andy tense, along with Jinxx. Suddenly I hear to groans and I wince. Okay, now I feel bad. I rush over to the boys and help them up. "I am so sorry!" I say honestly.
"It's cool," Jada groans raspily.
  "It's okay," Elijah squeaks, while Ashley just holds his thumb up.
  I give them weak smiles and turn to Jake, Jinxx, CC, and Andy. "Thanks, you guys, I would've done something extremely fatuous if you hadn't stopped me. You too Dakota," I add, since the girl had to practically sit on me towards the end of my struggle. They all give me tired thumbs up.
  "Damn," Andy groans.
  "Jesus Christ," a breathless Jake agrees.
  "You're freaking strong, Blade," Jinxx complains.
  "It's the adrenaline," both Dakota and I say at the same time, earning breathless laughs from the boys.
Before anyone can say anything, both my phone and my mother's go off. We exchange looks of confusion before checking them. I read the text, and freeze in fear. I read the message once, twice, three times, four. I finally take my phone out of it's lifeproof case, and hurl it at the wall. It shatters. Mom, quickly does the same, making everyone jump to their feet.
"Are you insane?!" Dakota yells.
"Not in the slightest," I whisper. I turn to Mom. "Did you know he had the numbers?" I ask.
She shakes her head. "No idea, I didn't think he knew we had them."
"Wait," Jada interrupts. "It isn't..." He trails off, knowing the answer. We nod, frightened.
"Who?" Jake asks, but no one answers. I shudder at the memory of the message, the message that made me shatter my phone, knowing he was tracking it. It had read: