6: 105.99999% Sure That if Looks Could Kill

Everyone in the diner has left, except for the employees, a group of slutty girls, and BVB, whose sitting at their table, laughing and conversing with each other. I look around at the pile of work and turn to talk to the other employees, only to see them all walking out the door. My boss, who is also the owner of the small diner, walks past me, throwing me they keys to lock up. I open my mouth to protest, but he's already out the door. I inwardly sigh, making sure not to disturb Black Veil Brides with a noise, and grab my ear buds. I stick them in and take out my White IPhone 5c that is decorated with the FIR cover that displays the wolf. Mom, Dakota, and Elijah are cleaning the kitchen because it takes at least three people and someone needs to clean the front of the place. Black Veil Brides blasts through my ear buds and I smile, humming softly along to Sweet Blasphemy while I wipe down tables, booths, and anything else that needs cleaning. As I am doing this, I see the door open and people file out. I sigh with relief and smile when

Beautiful Remains strums to life with Jake and Jinxx's guitar riff. I sing along to the song, starting strong and powerful.

  " We gather here to sing for you, the words you've written

Each bloodshot beauty still rings true, from violent crashes."

I start the scream with a growl and the words flow into the roar, "Gently rest your weary head

What you live for now is dead

Goodnight

Goodbye

A soul surrender—"

  I turn to move to the next table and throw the remains of a coke I'd just picked up right into CC's face in surprise.

   His face is frozen in the same stoned look he had on before it had been drowned in coke, which causes me to laugh a bit.

   "I-I'm so s-sorry, I-I t-thought you l-left," I choke out through giggles. CC just closes his eyes and reaches a hand slowly up to his face, wiping some of the coke away. He licks his lips and looks at me.

  "Is this cherry?" I stare at him in awe and shrug. he mimics my movement and stalks off. At least he's the only one who heard me. I can't sing to save my life. as I'm about to put the ear buds I had tugged out back in, Elijah runs out of the kitchen with a scared look on his face. I open my mouth to question when he runs past me and to the nearest trash can.

  I watch him heave once, then twice bent over the trash can with worried eyes. then with a final heave, the contents in his stomach swim up his throat and jump into the darkness of the bin. Bile rises in my throat as the stench of his relief hits my nose. I hold in a breath as I run over to the bathroom and grab febreeze , and as I jog to the kitchen to get him water. When I enter, Dakota has one of the slutty girls from the group pinned up against the wall, with the flames and rotting souls of Hades in her eyes. I'm 105.99999% sure that if looks could kill. my eyes snap to my mom, who is standing behind Dakota, giving the girl she has pinned up a disapproving look. I rip Dakota off of her and before I can do anything she screams, "That whore barged in here and shoved her slimy tongue in Elijah's mouth!"

  I let Dakota go immediately but before she could attack, I shove the green-headed shark out of the kitchen. I grab the hag who touched my brother by the hair full of split-ends, which feels coarse and grimy, and wrench her towards the kitchen door. she screeches and struggles, literally kicking and screaming as I drag her behind me.

  I swing the door to where it's only wide enough for me and stomp out of the kitchen. My mouth twitches into a smug half smile as I here her yelp when the door slams into her, before it goes back to the angry thin line.