"Mmm. What are we going to do about that?" He teases and does it again. I giggle. He arches an eyebrow.

"Stop." I order between my smile.

He frowns. "Stop what?" He does it again.

"That!" I laugh and he joins me. He scoops me up, wrapping his hands around me. It's been a week since the accident and I no longer need the shoulder strap. As long as I don't abruptly move my hand, I won't disturb my shoulder.

He carries me to bed and lays me down. "Come," he orders. "I want to hold you."

I crawl in bed and place my head on his chest. He plays with my short hair and I stare at his body, the sweet serenity of his heart beats filling my ears. His index flashes the IV tattoo but I notice another ink flashing at his side bust line, one that I haven't seen before. I sit up straight and twist for him to turn. He does. I trace my hands over the tattoo.

I trace it over each button.

"What does it mean to you?" I look up to meet his green eyes

"What does it mean to you?" I look up to meet his green eyes. He stares deeply in mine, unsure of what to say. He places his hand over the rewind button. "The past."

Pause. "The memories."

Play. "The moments."

Stop. "The pain." His voice starts to crack.

Forward. "The future." He says the last word as he looks to meet my eyes. I bite down on my lip.

"Or, maybe because I simply love music," he jokes. I giggle.

"Do you have any other tattoos that I don't know of?" I arch an eyebrow.

"You've seen all three." He says. I frown. "No. I've seen only two."

"Ahh," he laughs. "That's right. I didn't have the time to get the third yet," he smirks. I scowl. "Why do I feel like there's evilness behind that smile of yours?"

He plants a peck on my lips. "Because maybe there is."

"You won't tell me what it will be, will you?"

"Not a chance." He shakes his head. I sigh and lay back on his chest. "Figured."

Without looking at him, I can tell he's smiling. "Lis?"

"Mmm?" I murmur.

"Tell me about your dad," he asks. I smile instantly. "He's generous, a gentleman, and loves unconditionally with all his heart. He's the person I looked up to. Even if I was a grown women, I'd always act like a kid with him. But that just created a very special bond.

I do miss him. Especially now. I just want his advice. God, I'd do anything to get a goodbye. To get a second chance at this." I feel tears threatening to leave but I swallow them back. Adam's hold tightens as he pulls me closer. He says nothing, just allowing me to enjoy the silence that I need.

"How about your mother?" I ask him. I can feel him tensing underneath me.

"She was beautiful. She had the purest soul, the purest heart and the purest beauty. I was the youngest so you could say she spoiled me a lot. She was more than a mother to me, even a best friend. But she left. And I used to blame her for leaving, for leaving me. Us. But now, I forgive her. I might not understand why she did what she did, but I forgive her."

I meet his eyes. "I see her in you. The way you described her, it's you. She might not have left you completely after all."

He leans forward and plants a kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes, finally being able to breath. We lay there, my head on his chest as our legs are entangled, and him wrapping his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"Can you sing for me to sleep?"

"Mmm," he teases. "Using my voice for free, I see."

I lightly slap his arm. He laughs. "Ofcourse. I'll do anything for you," he warmly says and I smile.

He inhales.

I feel the vibration of his chest as he sings so effortlessly.

Twenty years, it's breaking you down
now that you understand there's no one around
Take a breath, just take a seat
you're falling apart and tearing at the seams

I smile due to the reason he's singing The fray. But I frown when I realize the song he's singing, the meaning behind it.

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright

It's on your face, is it on your mind
would you care to build a house of your own
How much longer, how long can you wait
It's like you wanted to go and give yourself away

I feel hot tears threatening to leave my eyes. Why would he sing that? Why is he afraid that I'll walk out on him?

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright
Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight, wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright

Will I be alright? I keep listening to his beautiful voice as he repeats this line several times.

It feels good, Is that reason enough for you

Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright
Heaven forbid you end up alone, you don't know why
Hold on tight wait for tomorrow, you'll be alright

My eyes start closing by themselves.

Out of this one
I don't know how to get you out of this one

I listen as he talks the last sentence. "I don't know how to get you out of this one. But I'll try."

Even if he tried, he won't be able to. Because in the end, for me to find happiness, I need to make it happen myself.

"Good night." He whispers and plants a small kiss on my head and I let that memory carry me to sleep.