Chapter 41...

copyright to psychosocial13

I opened my eyes and the light was dim.

“Bout time you wake up.” Kyler said as he pulled me closer and kissed me.

“What time is it?” I asked through my yawn.

Kyler smiled.

“6:00”

“Why didn’t you wake me up!?”

“Because you looked tired. I didn’t want to wake you up.”

I rested my head on his chest and yawned again.

“I love you.” I said, looking into Kyler’s eyes.

“I love you, too.” he said, beaming.

I was still tiered, but instead of going back to sleep, I got up and showered.

Since the weather was starting to get colder, I put on a pair of sleep pants and a tank-top, and one of Kyler’s hoodies.

When I was finished in the bathroom, I walked back into the room and laid on the couch that was in front of the fireplace that was thankfully burning.

Kyler laid on the couch in front of me.

I moved back as far as I could so he wouldn’t fall off.

I opened my eyes to see Kyler smiling as his thumb ran over my ring.

Kyler kissed my forehead and slowly made his way to my lips.

When he pulled back he was beaming.

He was clearly over the heartbreak I nearly caused him when he proposed.

Before I could think about it much longer, I fell asleep.

~*~

“No! You cant take her! I wont let you!” I heard Kyler shouting somewhere close.

I sat up and then realized Kyler was in the hall.

“I have to! And you know I do!” another man shouted.

I got up and went over to the door so I could hear them better.

Not that I couldn’t all ready.

“You know I have to take her! You’re not fit for her. You’ve put her in more danger than any other vampire in the history of the agency! And you got her friends involved as well!”

“I refuse to let you take her from me! I flat-out refuse!!”

“Refuse all you want. We’ll take her from you by force and then send you into isolation with no blood for what you’ve done and your resistance to the agency!”

I backed away from the door, now knowing they were talking about me.

“You cant take her if she’s a vampire or married to a vampire!”

“Well she’s neither!”

“Not yet anyways!” Kyler shouted.

The door burst open and before I realized what was happening, everything around me was nothing but a blur.

It was maybe 10 minutes of nothing but blur before the blur stopped and I was set on the forest floor.

Kyler continuously looked around as if waiting for someone to appear.

“What’s going on?”

Kyler looked at me, worry in his eyes.

“The agency found out about what Nick did to you. They think I put you in danger and they want to take you back to the agency and I’m refusing. So, I kidnapped you. We’ll be on the run until I turn you.”

“Why cant we just get married and then you turn me?”

“Because I want the wedding to be perfect and nice. I don’t want you to remember out wedding as something bad. Look, I cant go into details right now, okay?”

Before I could complain, Kyler lifted me off the ground.

I wrapped my legs around him so I wouldn’t fall even though I knew Kyler wouldn’t drop me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he held me against him.

Before he started running, he pressed his lips to mine.

“Know I love you.” he said before the world around me blurred.