Chapter thirty-three...

copyright to psychosocial13

“What do you mean you might be pregnant?”

“Well… after we had sex, I felt like I was going to be sick, and then I remembered to health class and I seemed to have some of the symptoms of pregnancy and then it went away so I thought it was nothing and then I felt the same when Nick raped me so…”

Kyler was silent.

“I… I don’t know what to say.”

“I knew you’d be mad.” I mumbled.

“I’m not going to be mad if it’s my baby. But either way, we’ll have to get rid of it. If it’s mine, it’ll be part vampire or full vampire so it will kill you. If its Nicks, it’ll hurt you and I just wont want it.”

“I wont want it either!”

“We’ll have to go to the doctors. Today! Because if you are pregnant, we’ll have to set up an appointment to get rid of it.”

I nodded.

Kyler pulled me close and kissed me.

“I’m so sorry.” he mumbled.

~*~

I eventually pulled away from Kyler and went to the kitchen and found the liquor cabinet.

I found a bottle of vodka and beer and then walked up to our room.

“What are you doing with those?” Kyler asked.

“Might as well try to get rid of the baby if I am pregnant before we do anything drastic.” I said as I unscrewed the cap on the vodka.

I took a swig before I sat on the bed and Kyler started rubbing my shoulders.

“Why is my life so difficult?”

Kyler stopped rubbing my shoulders and looked at me.

“Do you ever regret meeting me?”

“No. Not anymore. I love you, Kyler. Why? Do you regret buying me?”

“No! Of course not. I was just wondering since you said your life is difficult. If I never bought you, your life wouldn’t be difficult.”

“It’d be difficult either way, Kyler.”

We were silent and I took another swig of the full bottle of vodka.

“I’ll be back in five minutes.” Kyler said getting up and walking to the door.

X came running in.

He gave me a super tight hug and stole my vodka.

He stole my freaking vodka!!

“No! You cant get rid of it!”

“How’d you figure it out!?” I asked, shocked.

“I walked by your room and heard you and Kyler talking about it. And I’m here to keep you from doing something stupid.”

“X…” I said, rather annoyed.

“Don’t you ‘X’ me! I’m not going to let you get rid of the baby if you are in fact pregnant! It’s not right and-”

I started droning X out, not wanting to hear him talk about abortion and how bad it is.

X is really, really, against abortion.

“X… you don’t understand the position I’m in right now! What would you do if you were having a baby that’s a vampire and that will more than likely kill me!? Or a rape baby that will probably end up seriously hurt me or kill me!? What would you do!!?”

X was silent, feelings obviously hurt.

I stood and gave him a hug.

“X, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to snap at you. It’s just… I’m under a lot of stress right now.”

“It’s fine, Avery. I didn’t mean to nag at you.”

Kyler walked in.

“C’mon. I’m taking you somewhere.”

“Where?” I asked as Kyler led me out.

“My uncles. He’s an immortal. He’s the only immortal actually. He’s the one that controls the vampires and werewolves and whatever other supernatural thing there is. He’s the one that made up all the laws for the agency. Blah, blah, blah.”

“Oh. Why are we going there?”

“Because human equipment wont detect a vampire or werewolf baby but my uncle is the only one with equipment that will. He also has things to get rid of the baby if needed.”

“Oh.”

Kyler picked me up and stared running off somewhere.

At least a minute later, he set me down in a room.

The room had a lot of scary stuff in it.

A guy that looked to be in his 30s walked in.

“Ah, you must be Avery.” the guy said.

I nodded.

“Well, I’m Sarek,*got his name from one of my friends that moved away and met a guy with this name. she talked about him and I really like the name sooo* Kyler’s uncle. I’ll be the one to check up on you today. I heard what happened so it’s very important you get checked today.” Sarek said before leading me into a room, leaving Kyler in the room we were in.

~*~

After several tests, some painful, some not, I sat next to Kyler on one of the old couches Sarek had.

Kyler held my hand in his, his grip and mine were equally tight.

The waiting was worse than torture.

Sarek walked in holding some papers.

“Well?” Kyler asked.

“You are-”