Chapter XXII, Colors.

"So...you're telling me that you gave Camila that talk just because you wanted me to get a date with her?" Lauren husks furrowing her eyebrows deeply as she looks up at Dinah from her place in the blanket that is lying on the grass.

"Yes," Dinah snorts, watching Harry and Vanessa teaching Camila and Normani to play soccer —or football, according to them— several feet away from them.

Lauren and Camila are actually having their second date but before they could be out the door of their apartment, the other four decided to join them (mostly to annoy the hell out of them) and now is kind of a big friends-day; which is not bad either, especially in this sunny hot day.

Out of consideration Camila and Lauren have been alone most of the time and they have been enjoying each other's company with no interruption while Dinah and Harry have been in their own little world joined by either Normani or Vanessa every now and then. But since none of the roommates want to be a third wheel for either of the couples, they just opted to stick to each other.

It is just now that Dinah decided to give Lauren some company —since Camila was too excited to miss the opportunity to demonstrate her fabulous sports skills— and now they are currently eating the remaining things that Lauren prepared for the day.

She went for a cliché kind of date, bringing with her a basket with food and a blanket to have a picnic in Central Park. Camila, being the hopeless romantic that she is and as Lauren predicted, loved the idea and rewarded Lauren with a big kiss on the mouth.

"Honestly, Emily shouldn't even tell you guys anything because it's over, like, she has no right," Dinah explains after she looks at her best friend, giggling when Camila couldn't kick the ball at the first try.

"Then why did you say that?" Lauren prods on; feeling like maybe there is another reason behind her best friend's words.

"Lo, have you ever noticed that when you tell Mila to not do something she does the opposite?" Dinah asks her, turning her head to look at her roommate for a brief moment before her gaze returns to the rest of their friends.

Lauren narrows her eyes, purses her lips deep in thought and shakes her head after a moment of pondering.

"Well, she does," Dinah shrugs nonchalantly. "I did think that you guys should go on a couple of dates, that's why I did it and also to see how it works but if I think about it now, I don't think it would have mattered; it's like you've been together for a while," the Polynesian says, taking a bite of the strawberry she has been holding this whole time between her index finger and thumb.

The thought of being Camila's girlfriend crosses Lauren's mind and that thought alone makes her smile like an idiot. It is not until a moment later when she sees Camila fall on her butt that she forgets about it as she burst out laughing.

"Sometimes I feel like we're dating the same person," Dinah laughs besides Lauren, covering her mouth with her hand. "Harry is always tripping," she adds lightheartedly with a fond smile curving her rosy lips.

"So you're telling me that you would like Camila if you were gay?" Lauren asks with a smirk, looking up at Dinah with a playful expression on her face.

"Bish, please," Dinah rolls her eyes, getting distracted when she sees Vanessa jogging towards them to retreat a bottle of water from the basket, courtesy of Lauren.

"Your boyfriend hates me," she grumbles out after taking a long sip of her drink and clearly talking to Dinah.

The Tongan snorts entertained and looks up at Vanessa with curiosity in her dark brown eyes. "Tell me something you actually believe," she tells her, sitting upright. "Why would you even say something like that? The boy loves you," she adds, shaking her head as Vanessa takes a seat beside her.