Chapter VI, Camila Advice.

"Dinah Jane Hansen!" Lauren calls out the moment she opens the front door of her apartment.

She stands there, leaning her shoulder against the door frame and listening if Dinah is around or not.

There is music coming from the kitchen and Lauren assumes that it is Dinah and not some burglar that broke into their apartment. She highly doubts it could be one anyway.

The black-haired girl closes the front door softly behind her and she carelessly leaves her backpack in one of the armchairs of her 'study zone'.

As quietly as she can, she tiptoes her way towards the kitchen, opening slowly the door as she holds her breath, and reveals her best friend dancing softly to one of Mariah's songs.

The green-eyed girl muffles her laughter covering her mouth with a hand, and she watches Dinah for a moment, listening intently as she tries to hit Mariah's high notes. Lauren is having so much fun spying on her that she totally forgets that she is supposed to give Dinah a lecture about a couple of things.

Finally changing her amused expression to a straight face, she clears her throat loudly enough for Dinah to notice and the Tongan girl jumps startled at the sound.

"Gosh, Lauren," she breathes out, one hand pressed against her chest just over her heart, and the other covering her eyes. "You scared the crap out of me," Dinah says uncovering her eyes and giving her best friend a death glare.

Lauren shrugs her shoulders nonchalantly and walks over to sit on the island. "I ran into Mani and Zendaya today," she begins casually while she inspects her nails. "Apparently I was moody this morning and Zendaya thinks now that my smile has a name," Lauren kinks an eyebrow, still looking intently at her nails.

Dinah stops the song that was still playing and narrows her eyes at the green-eyed girl, waiting for her to go on. "Your smile's name is 'smile'," she says clearly confused when Lauren didn't elaborate. "I don't get it?"

Lauren has to fight down the need to roll her eyes. "No, you silly," she huffs crossing her arms over her chest and giving her roommate an incredulous look. "She meant that I smile because she thinks I like someone," Lauren explains, hopping off the island to go and open the refrigerator door.

"Oh," Dinah nods with a smirk, finally realizing where Lauren was going with this conversation. "Well...that's true, dawg," she affirms, not at all fazed by Lauren's glare when she passes by her side with a bottle of cold water.

"What are you even talking about?" Lauren scoffs while she pours herself a glass of water. "Have I told you that?" she asks louder that intended.

Dinah hums while she looks at the ceiling, tapping softly her chin with a long finger and pursing her lips. "Not exactly with words..." she trails off, clearly enjoying seeing Lauren getting upset. "But actions speak louder than words...most of the time anyway," Dinah shrugs her shoulders.

"Okay..." Lauren frowns raising the glass of water to her lips. "Can you be more specific?" she asks before sipping on her drink.

"Lauren, please," Dinah waves her hand as she rolls her eyes, pressing play on her phone again to fill the silence with music. "Do you really think I don't know why you were cranky this morning?" she asks rhetorically, kinking an eyebrow as she leans against the counter, facing her best friend. "I can read you like a book, Laur."

Lauren slumps down her shoulders defeated. She knows it is true. Dinah is possibly the person who knows her the most and there is no point in lying. "You barely read books," she says sassily, just because, and well, also because she is Lauren and Dinah is Dinah and that is how they work.