She lifted her hands in front of her and looked hopeful.

I started to make a step towards her, but Leo put a hand in front of me, shaking his head.

I looked at him with a puzzled face, but didn't comment.

"I'll do that in a second, but first you need to do something for me."

She looked at him nervously and slowly nodded, curious.

"You'll phone Ottone and tell him that you've failed and you're going home"

Ottone?

Who the fuck is this fella?

The girl looked surprised and due to the shock, remained silenced for a couple of moments, until she got a hold of herself and smiled slightly, her innocent demeanour slowly slipping away.

"So you finally figured it out? I was getting a little bit bored."she said with a disrespectful edge to her voice, her perfect teeth showing.

"So you finally show your true colours"

"I had fun. Ottone warned me that this might happen, but I didn't expect it to last this long."

"At the moment you've appeared before me, I knew you were a fake, but I hoped that you'll have some information regarding the authentic 'Cinderella' as Leo puts it, so I played along. Now that I have already found my runaway principessa, I don't need to deal with you nicely anymore." Dante said with a smile, shutting her up effectively.

"Um...Ottone?"I asked hesitantly, waiting for one of them to fill me in.

"Remember that uncle that 'hooked me up' with my supposed girlfriend? Well, he has a brother. He's not as strict when it comes to my parteners, but still is constantly trying to get me to marry someone as I am 'not getting any younger and I need to produce an heir presto',so e started sending all kind of girls naive, girly, tomboys, girls of all shapes and sizes for dates. It was hell ."

"Wow, your family sounds fun.... besides the mafia thing, you know" I said, bursting into a laugh "You are really getting along."

"Yeah...You can say that" he replied, looking as if he wanted to refute, but decided not to argue and deepen the subject.

The mood suddenly turned dark, making me a little bit uneasy, but Sarah impatiently cleared her throat.

"Can we get this over with? I've got better things to do."

Omg, she's lucky she's extremely pretty, because damn, her personality is twisted for real.

Dante nods and gets out a phone, letting her dial and put the call on speaker.

"Make it quick. "

I raised my eyebrow at the clipped tone, but didn't speak, shifting from one leg to the other.

"This is Sarah. He finally figured it out." She said succinctly, not going into the details.

"Is he there now?" The man on the other side of the line asked, an evident amusement also coming through.

"You're on speaker, you can go all out." Sarah added, leaning back into the chair.

"I really hoped you would like this one, she's perfect for the Mafia! But it's ok, I have my eye on another possible daughter-in-law, she's very nice, tall, can wield a gun like professional, can cook-"

"Yeah, as much as I appreciate your efforts, I am obliged to refuse. I already have someone I am pursuing at the moment" Dante interrupted him, winking at me on the second part, with a smirk on his face.