Chapter 26: I'm Coming Home

Hello my lovelies, so I've got some news! I have started a Brandon Saad story and i am also going to make a sequel to this story! But you'll have to be patient with me because updates might be a little slower now. I've got lots of thinking on where i want to end this story and where i want to begin the sequel ahhh! As always thanks for the support <3

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kelsey's POV

I woke up the next morning and rolled over to look at the time. It was 11. I groaned and climbed out of my bed and quietly made my way into the kitchen. I was being careful not to wake Kris up. He probably got home late. I poured myself a glass of orange juice and sat down at the table.

I kissed Jordan Staal last night.

I sighed. I needed to figure out my feelings but I had no idea what I was feeling anymore. I was in deep thought when a voice interrupted my train of thought making me jump.

“Up already?” Kris Letang asked running a hand through his messy hair.

“Yup. I’m just thinking” I said as he took a seat next to me.

We sat in silence for a couple minutes.

“Jordan kissed me last night” I stated staring at my orange juice

I felt Kris look at me

“Is that a bad thing?” He asked hesitantly

“I really don’t know” I sighed as he put a hand on my knee supportively

“Well try to talk to Patrick when you go back to Chicago” He said

I nodded but swallowed a lump that had formed in my throat

“I’m scared to talk to him”

Kris got up and wrapped his arms around me in a tight hug.

“I promise you things will be fine”

I smiled and nodded my head.

“Go pack and make sure those morons remember to pick you up at the airport tonight” He said making me chuckle.

“The rest of the team will probably come over later to say good bye”

“Ok!” I said cheerfully and went to my room to call Seabs.

So here was my plan. Tonight I was going back to Chicago for a week. After the week is up I come back to Pittsburgh for another week. Then the Hawks have a game against the Pens here in Pittsburgh, so when they leave I go back home with them for good.
That meant a lot of traveling for me. But I needed to get things sorted out.

I picked up my phone and dialed Seabs’ number.

“HELLO!?”

“God damn Seabs why are you always so loud” I groaned pulling the phone away from my ear.

“Morning to you too Kels” He sarcastically stated.

I scoffed “Just wanted to make sure you idiots are picking me up tonight”

“That’s tonight?”

“You’re joking right?” I asked in disbelief

“Of course I am! 7 o clock on the dot! We’ll be there!” He said, as I breathed a sigh of relief

“Great! Can’t wait to see you guys!” I said excitedly

“We all miss you! And don’t worry we’ll be there. Have a safe flight and see you tonight Kelsey” He said

“Thanks Seabs!”

We hung up and I got started packing my stuff. I changed into an oversized knitted sweater, black leggings and my toms. I rolled out my luggage into the living room and then joined Kris on the couch.

“Let’s watch Bambi!” I squealed clapping my hands.

“….Bambi?” Kris looked at me

“I don’t fucking own Bambi!” He yelled

“Shhhh Kristopher no need to yell” I soothed patting his head.

I sauntered over to the movie cabinet and pulled it out and put it in.

“Where did you even get that!?” He asked bewildered

“I bought it the other day!” I said cheekily.

It wasn’t long before I was sniffling along wiping tears from my eyes.

“I hate this movie” He whispered angrily trying not to tear up.

The doorbell rang and I went to open it.

“Hola.” Sid said before stepping into the apartment.

In trailed the rest of the Pens as they settled into Kris’s apartment.

“Bambi?” Jordan questioned looking at the screen

“She forced me” Kris said pointing his finger at me with a less than amused face.

I grinned back and settled on the couch next to Jordan. He looked at me and smiled and I returned it. We finished the end of Bambi, and I am proud to say I witnessed tough hockey players shed a tear or two over this movie.

It was soon time to go to the airport and Fleury took my luggage into Kris’s car. I stayed in the apartment saying my last goodbyes to the team. I willed myself not to cry and reassured them I would see them again in a week.

“Bye guys!” I waved for the last time before walking out to Kris’s car. Kris got in the driver’s seat and Jordan in the passenger seat. They were the only two that were allowed to come with me to the airport even though everyone insisted on going with. I said all of them couldn’t come because I didn’t wanna start a riot.

I got into the backseat with my carry on bag. I pulled out my phone and sent a quick text to Emma.

I’m so sorry Em, for leaving you guys without saying anything. I hope you’re not mad at me. Love you, see you soon :)

Within 2 minutes of sending it I got a response.

I’m glad you’re coming home. We need to talk. I miss my best friend <3

I smiled and looked out the window as the wonderful city of Pittsburgh passed by. The place that had been my home for the past two weeks. When we finally made It to the airport and pulled into the drop off area Kris parked the car. Jordan went to get my luggage from the trunk.
Automatically tears sprang to my eyes when I knew it was time to say bye to both of them.

“Bye Kris” I managed to get out before I ran into his arms into a big hug.

“We’ll see you soon” He said rubbing my back

“Thank you so much. For everything” I said calming down and now managing to smile.

“Anytime Kels” He said smiling at me

I turned to Jordan and he had a sad smile. I went up to him and touched his cheek.

“Bye Jor, I’ll see you soon” I gave the hockey player a sad smile.

“Bye Kels” He said leaning down and once again crashing his lips onto mine.

I smiled into the kiss and I felt him smile back.

When we finally broke the kiss I got my luggage and walked towards the doors. I grinned like an idiot to the two wonderful hockey players that were waving at me. I waved back and shouted.

“I’ll be back in a week! Remember to pick me up! You hear me!?” I said shaking my fist at them in an old granny fashion

They laughed

“We got it!” Kris yelled back

I shot them one last smile and walked into the airport.

I was going home.