Chapter 21: Why Me?

Kelsey's POV

The Blackhawks ended up winning that game against the Penguins even though secretly I was cheering for both teams.

“Good game guys!” I yelled when walking into the locker room.

“Especially you, baby” I said giving Patrick a kiss.

I giggled as he kissed my neck.

“Ughh guys save it for later pleaseeee” Pleaded Seabrook

I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door.

“I’ll be right back!” I said casually walking out of the locker room.

I jogged to the visitors locker room and entered praying that they were all changed.

“Hey guys good game!” I said busting into the locker room.

“Thanks Kels…” Letang said giving me a confused look.

“What are you doing here?” He asked

“Well Patrick and Tazer are having a party at their apartment and well I was wondering if you guys wanted to come!” I said cheerfully.

“I think we would all love to come but we have to get some rest before the flight later tonight.” He said making me pout.

“Awww Kels when you come to Pittsburgh we’ll show you how WE party!” Staal said making me laugh.

“Ok well you guys better keep in touch with me or else I’m not coming to Pittsburgh!” I threatened

They all laughed and waved as I left and went back to the Hawks locker room.

“So who wants to go pick up some food for the party?” Someone asked right as I walked in.

Of course that had to be the question they asked before I walked in because everyone looked at me and smiled.

“Damn… Fine I’ll go get some but Em has to come with me. She’s driving anyway” I stated crossing my arms.

“Fineee” I heard her say.

“See you guys later” I said waving as we both walked towards her car.

“So where are we going and what are we going to get?” She asked me starting the car.

“I have no idea just pull over at the nearest supermarket!” I said as we looked around for a store.

“WAIT EM!! TO YOUR LEFT!” I shrieked as we passed a Jewel Osco and she made a sharp turn which caused me to fly into the window.

“Thank Jesus I had my seatbelt on” I said laughing at her crazy driving.

“It’s not like you’re an any better driver” He stated.

She’s got a point there.

We walked into the store when I spotted the carts. I quickly ran towards one and climbed in.

“Kels you have got to be kidding me!” Em said trying not to laugh

“Push me!” I squeled like a little kid.

She reluctantly pushed me around as we piled the food into the cart alongside me.

“Kels you really need to lay off the cake cause you are so heavy!” She exclaimed struggling to push the cart

I glared at her as we both broke out into giggles. When we finally got to the register I struggled to climb out of the full cart without falling on my face. The cashier gave us a strange look. I smiled at him and he fake smiled back.

Don’t hate on the two girls wearing Blackhawks jerseys.

We got all the bags and carried them back to the car.

“This is a lot of food” I said eyeing the bags that were stacked in the trunk.

“Hockey players have massive appetites. I doubt this will be enough” Em said and I nodded cause she had a good point.

We drove back to Tazer’s and Patrick’s apartment. We opened the trunk and looked at the bags.

“I am not carrying this all the way up!” I said taking out my phone and dialing Seabs.

“Hello!?” I heard him yell over loud music.

“Seabs, get your fat ass out here and help us with the food” I yelled back rolling my eyes.

“Fine!” He yelled back and hung up.

We waited until he came to the car.

“Is this it!?” He shouted pointing to the food.

“What do you mean ‘is this it!?” I yelled. “This is a lot of food!”

“I guess this is gonna have to do” He said shaking his head sadly

I grabbed a bag of Doritos we bought and slammed it on his head.

“What the hell Kels!? You probably smashed all the chips!” He bellowed.

I starting cracking up as he picked up about half the bags in the trunk and trudged back to the apartment.

“Ok well I guess we’ll take the rest” I said picking up a couple bags and following Seabs with Emma close behind.

I followed Seabs to the apartment where I could have heard Party Rock Anthem from all the way down the stairs.

My eyes widened when Seabs opened the door and there was people everywhere. I obviously wasn’t aware that it was going to be more than just the team.

I walked in and eyed some puck bunnies that passed by. I looked at Emma and she seemed as uncomfortable and pissed as me.

“Hey Kels hey Em” Sharp said walking to us giving me a hug and Em a kiss on the cheek.

I smiled as she blushed.

“Heyyyyy Baby!” I heard Patrick slur from behind me.

I turned around and glared at the beer in his hand.

“Hi Patrick. You a little drunk there?” I said touching his face as he smiled from ear to ear.

“Of course I’m not!” He said giggling like a little boy.

“How about you go sit on the couch for a bit. I’ll be there in a bit” I said as he nodded his head and started walking away then I yanked the beer bottle from his hand.

“Hey!” He yelled pouting.

“Go Sit!” I laughed at his face.

He reluctantly went to go sit on the couch as I giggled.

I went to the kitchen and talked to Sharpie for a while. Then I excused myself to go to the bathroom. When I was done washing my hands I opened the door and there was these two girls that I didn’t know whispering and they stopped when they saw me.

I smiled at them and walked away.

“Is that her?” One said to another

“Yeah, poor girl” The other one said.

I crinkled my brow in confusion.

What were they talking about.

I made my way toward the couch where I saw Seabs in a heated discussion with someone. He was yelling and everyone was looking at him and who he was yelling at. I walked closer and stopped dead in my tracks.

Patrick was sitting on the couch with an arm around another girl.

And that girl wasn’t me.

Seabs stopped yelling when he saw Patrick staring at me. Everyone turned to look at me. I bit my lip to keep the tears from falling. I ran towards the door but someone grabbed my arm. I turned around letting the tears fall and saw Seabs.

“Kels. He’s drunk! He doesn’t mean it!” He said, his voice raspy, as he saw my tears, now uncontrollably falling.

I yanked my arm from his grasp and ran out the door and slammed the door behind me. I ran all the way outside and sat down on a bench. I tried to stop crying as I shakily pulled out my phone from my pocket. I sniffled as I scrolled down my contacts list and stopped when I found the one I wanted. I pressed call and waited for an answer.

“Hello?” The concerned voice asked.

“…Kris can you come pick me up?” I managed to get the words out.

“I’ll be right there” He said quickly

I hung up and layed down on the bench staring up at the dark sky sobbing.

Why me?