Chapter 19: Get the Bucket!

• Dedicated to To all my babes reading this story <3

Kelsey's POV

The rest of the week was pretty normal. After that huge snowstorm everyone seemed to be even closer in bond. Our schedules were going back to normal until one day I was not feeling too good. I was suppose to be going on a date with Patrick, and I was going to call him but the doorbell rang before I could even pick up the phone.

Oh shit! That better not be him.

I shuffled my way to the door and opened it.

“Hey Kels” Seabrook said walking in with some candy.

“Hey Seabs. You might not want to come in. I’m not feeling too good.” I said putting my hand on my stomach.

“Whoa Kels! You’re a little pale!” He said touching my forehead.

“Oh Jesus! You’re burning up!” He said picking me up bridal style and plopping me on the couch.

“Seabs… Can you go get a bucket?” I said uneasily as I felt something coming up my throat.

He backed away slowly and I knew I was going to throw up.

“HURRY!” I screamed placing a hand over my mouth.

Let me tell you I have never seen him run so fast. He tripped over my purse and fell to the floor, but managed to get a bucket in front of me before I blew chunks.

After I was done I wiped my mouth and looked at him.

He had a look of sympathy and disgust on his face.

“I think I’m going to call Kaner so he can come over here” He said as I started tearing up.

“I hate throwing up” I sniffled as he hesitantly moved the bucket and sat on the couch next to me.

I leaned against him as he got out his cell phone and called up Patrick. I overheard him asking questions in a panicky voice and saying he would be right there.

I managed to go back to my room and change into some pajama pants and a baggy blackhawks tee. I also used the bucket a couple more times before I heard Patrick bust through the door.

“Where is she!?” He said frantically.

“Dude chill she’s not dying” Seabrook said

I was walking back to the couch when I heard the obnoxious noise I did not want to hear.

“I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU GOT HER PREGNANT KANER” Sharp bellowed slapping Patrick

“Owwww! Dude! Enough! I did not get her pregnant!” He yelled.

I groaned and walked pass them giving them a small wave and falling on the couch again.

“Why is he here” I said into the pillow

They obviously knew I was reffering to Sharpie

“He wanted to come too. He was worried.” Patrick said giving me a kiss on my head.

“I brought chicken soup” Sharpie said in a gentle tone.

I sighed and sat up, eyeing the soup and got a whiff of it. I imedialty searched frantically for the bucket and threw up again.

“Ok…. Maybe later then” Sharp said putting it away. The rest of the day was spent with me half dead on the couch. The guys stayed and watched movies and fed me chicken soup when I felt a little better. It was getting late and I heard shuffling around the room so I woke up.

“Hey, Sharpie and Seabs are leaving because we have practice tomorrow, but I’m gonna stay with you and just leave tomorrow for practice.” Patrick said laying down on the couch with me. I nodded and managed to wave to the leaving hockey players as I fell asleep on the couch with my boyfriend.

The next morning I woke up and I heard rustling again. I saw Patrick getting ready for practice.

“Morning” I mumbled quietly squinting at the light that was coming in through the blinds.

“Morning baby, I’ll close those” He said shutting the blinds and kissing me on the forehead again.

That’s right Mr. Hockey Player, keep your distance.

“How you feeling?” He asked

“Like shit” I responded as the doorbell rang

He went to go open it as I sat up and stretched.

“Hi” Came a very sick soudning voice.

I turned to look at the door and saw a VERY sick looking Seabs standing there in his pajamas.

“I’m not going to practice, so I thought I’d stay here with Kels.” He managed to get out before going into a fit of coughs and running to the bathroom.

I looked at Patrick and shrugged.

“My bad” I said meekly.

When Patrick left for practice Seabs came back from the bathroom and sat on the couch next to me.

“Sorry Big Bro” I said feeling sorry for him.

“It’s cool. I’ll get better before the next game.” He said

We spent the whole day just sprawled on the couch both of us half awake and half asleep. By the time the guys came shovling back into my apartment I was feeling way better.

“WE’RE BACK!” Screamed Versteeg.

They all came into the living room with Niemi holding a huge bag with Chinese food in it.

“FOODDDDD” I yelled running and ripping the bag from his hands and looking through it.

“You’re welcome then…” He said with a horrified look

“Sorry Nemo, Thanks I would hug you but you don’t wanna get too close to me” I said already shoveling food down my throat.

As I said that I saw Toews walk in with a doctors mask. I rolled my eyes at him.

“They cannot afford to lose their captain due to sickness.” He said muffled by the mask and pointing to the feasting hockey players before him.

“Whatever rocks your boat Tazer.” I said

“We know no one rocks his boat” Sharp said taking a jab at the captain and earning a dirty look from him.

“You do realize I can make you skate laps until you drop dead.” Toews answered back.

Sharp shut up right after that and we all sat down and ate our Chinese food.