Chapter 9: This is Why I Hate Scary Movies

Kelsey’s POV

I woke up in my room and the first thing that came to my mind was Patrick. He was so sweet and cute and everything! All I knew was that I wanted to see him again! I got out of bed and walked into my kitchen.

Ugh I am so tired

I was just about to sit on the chair when my phone rang. My Phone!? It could be Patrick!

“PHONE!!!! PHONEEEE!!!!” I screamed

instantly awakening

I ran over to my room, took a deep breath and answered

“Hello?” I said excitedly

“Kelsey! So now you don’t have time to talk to your best friend anymore!?” Emma cried over the phone

“Oh it’s you.” I said all disappointed

“Well excuse me for trying to keep a friendship!” She said loudly

“Ok Ok fine sorry! I just kind of hoped it would be Patrick!”

“Oooooo! Cutee!” She squealed.

We continued to talk until I heard a beeping sound. Oh My God someone was on the other line.

“Umm Emma can I talk to you later? Someone is calling me on the other line!” I said hoping it was Patrick this time.

“Yes dear Kelsey, go talk to your prince charming!” She said with a dramatic voice.

“Thanks Em, I’ll talk to you soon!” I said as I hung up and took the other call.

“Hey Baby” The sound of his voice gave me butterflies!

“Hey! I was hoping you would call today” I responded

Oh yeah great. Tell him you were waiting hopefully for his call like a loser! Nice one Kels!

“I miss you” He said sweetly

“I miss you too! You know you should come over later. We can hang out or something” I said pacing around my kitchen.

“Yeah sounds cool. I’ll come by later ok? He said

“Yeah I’ll see you later!”

“Bye baby”

“Bye”

I hung up and squealed with joy. What was wrong with me!? I was acting like such a little kid!

I decided to get ready and go for a run. I threw on my sweats and a blackhawks hoodie grabbed my keys and ran out the door. I ran around my block and down Emma’s street. I might as well stop by for a bit. I ran up to her apartment and rang for her. She opened the door for me and I stepped into her apartment.

“In here!” She cried out

I walked into her living room and found her sprawled on her couch in her Sharp shirt of course. Her dark brown hair was in a messy bun, and she was painting her nails with a bright red.

“Hola” She said as I walked in

“Hey Em”

“How are you Mrs. Kane?” She asked giggling

I felt my cheeks get hot.

“I’m good, I just thought I would stop by and talk to you for a bit.”

We talked about a lot of things, but mostly about Patrick and I. It felt good to tell my best friend everything that happened. I told her how he was coming over later on tonight.