Chapter 6: Dance, Versteeg Dance!

Kelsey’s POV

I continued to watch practice, and in the mean time I had downed my whole coffee and I was feeling the caffeine kick in.

“COME ON STEEG!!!!!!!!!!! SCORE A GOAL!!!!!!!!!” I screamed from the bench while jumping up and down.

“SEABROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BLOCK THE SHOT!!!!!!” I screeched while he gave me an alarmed look.

“KANE! CONTROL YOUR HYPERACTIVE GIRL!” Toews yelled while glaring at me.

“Awwww is Captain Serious jealous that I’m not giving him attention?” I cooed.

“Humph” He grunted as he skated away.

Half of the team chuckled and the other half looked at me like I was crazy. Sharpie skated up with his swollen nose and picked up my empty cup of coffee.

“This might be the problem” He showed everyone the empty Starbucks cup.

“Geez that thing is huge! No wonder she’s gone insane” Ladd said

“I am not crazy! Just a little energetic!”

As the guys finished practice they all shuffled into the locker room. I didn’t think it would be right to just walk in after them so I stayed on the bench. Then Patrick skated up to me.

“Aren’t you coming into the locker room with us? Don’t worry I’ll let you in when everyone is decent enough.” He said pulling me off the bench.

“Yeah it’s not like I can complain about being in a room full of shirtless hot guys.”

“Yeah but you know I’m the hottest” He teased as I turned a light shade of pink.

I shoved him playfully “Yeah maybe you are…” Now it was his turn to turn pink.

I waited outside the locker room until he told me it was alright to come in. When he opened the door he led me in and I sat in his stall. He sat right next to me, and I leaned against his shoulder. I tried not to look around too much but I mean come on! It was kinda hard not too! But my heart still belonged to Patrick.

I realized that some crappy heavy metal music was playing in the background. Not that I didn’t like heavy metal, but I was in the mood to dance. Yes random dancing time! I walked to the back of the room and found the stereo. Patrick didn’t notice that I had left because he was talking to Sharpie about his messed up nose. My bad.

I saw that someone’s ipod was plugged in and I quickly took mine out of my bag. I unplugged the ipod that was connected to the stereo and I heard a bunch of complaining.

“Who broke the stereo now?” Someone yelled.

“I’ll go fix it! Wait, where did Kelsey go!?” Patrick yelled.

I laughed to myself and quickly plugged in my ipod and turned on Glamorous knowing that Versteeg would dance along with me. He would never pass up Fergie. The second the song came on a heard a loud gasp and I knew it was Versteeg freaking out. I cranked the volume up all the way and ran back to the middle of the locker room.

Oh this was going to be good!!!

I jumped up on a terrified Seabrook’s stall. I let out a loud Whoop and started dancing. I could not stop laughing at all of their faces. At least Versteeg was dancing with me. I let loose and enjoyed every second of it. When Glamorous ended Diary came on, and I continued to dance.

“What is this shit Kelsey!?” Sharpie screamed over the music.

“It’s called a good song!” I screamed back dancing circles around him.

I threw my head back and laughed at his uncomfortable expression. Then I laughed even more when I saw Kopecky and Toews covering their ears. Seabrook just looked terrified about the whole situation. I continued to dance around with Steeg who was such a good sport about this. I have decided he was going to be my dancing buddy from now on. I finally got Patrick to dance too. He didn’t look too comfortable about it at first until Burish stood up and started dancing along with us. By the end of the song I had got almost everyone up and dancing around. When the song finally ended I slid down against a wall and caught my breath. All of my energy had been drained out of me.

I felt Patrick sit down next to me as the music stopped.

“Next time keep your ipod to yourself!” Toews said throwing it at my face.

“Hey Tazer I knew you liked it! I saw you tapping your foot!”

He gave me a small smile and sat back down in his stall getting his things ready to leave.

“Ahhh I never thought I would get so tired after dancing.” I said yawning.

“Well I actually had fun. I wasn’t expecting that at all.” Patrick said grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers.

“I’m glad you did. Sorry if I embarrassed you, but I found it completely hilarious.”

“No you didn’t, and everything today just made me like you more.” He said softly as I leaned my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

“Oh and by the way, next time you get coffee buy decaf please.” He said playing with my hair.

“Ok… I’ll be sure… to keep… that in…. mind.” I said drifting off into sleep.