Chapter 8: No More Cannonball Contests!

Kelsey’s POV

We pulled into Burish’s driveway and I looked at the massive house in front of me.

“We’re here!” Patrick said happily.

“Jesus this place Is huge!”

Patrick chuckled and parked the car. I grabbed my bag and followed my boyfriend inside. As we walked in I saw that most of the team was already there. Once again I was not complaining being in a situation were a lot of hot guys were shirtless, but I already had my own hot boyfriend.

“We should go out back. They’re probably all outside” Patrick took my hand and led me out the screen door and out to Burish’s backyard. There was a huge pool with a diving board and a Jacuzzi off to the side.

“Oh my oh my this is very nice.” I said plopping down into a beach chair.

“Hey the lovebirds are here!” Sharp said in sing-songy voice.

“Nice to see you too Sharpie.” I rolled my eyes

“Hey Burish nice place!” I yelled as Burish came over to say hi

“Thank you very much. I bring all the chicks here to have some fun.” He said cockily

“Ok ewwwwww.” I said pulling out my sun block.

I pulled off my tank top and started rubbing the sun block on my arms.

“Stop drooling Kaner.” Sharpie said causing Patrick to slap him in the arm.

“Patrick can you put some sun block on my shoulders please? I cant reach!” I gave him my best pout.

Both Sharp and Kane moved forward to take the sun block from my hands. I quickly pulled the bottle back.

“No I meant Kane, Patrick Kane! No offense Sharpie. I trust you but no.” I said and Patrick KANE sat down behind me and started gently rubbing sun block on my shoulders.

“Its ok no offense --” He didn’t get to finish because Seabrook interrupted him.

“It’s just that she wanted her BOYFRIEND to do it for her” Seabrook emphasized the boyfriend part.

“Seabrook! Everyone doesn’t need to know!” I hissed.

“THAT’S RIGHT EVERYONE, KANER FINALLY ASKED KELSEY TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND!” Seabrook yelled as Patrick quickly removed his hands from my shoulders because everyone turned around and started cheering.

“Oh god” I groaned covering my face with my hands.

“Ok then I guess everyone knows now…” Patrick said getting up and taking off his shirt.

I stole a quick glance at his abs, but Sharpie caught me.

“Tsk tsk tsk Kels, It isn’t nice to stare.”
Sharpie said pulling off his own shirt.

“I wasn’t staring!”

“Ok who wants to go in the water!” Patrick clapped his hands.

“I do!” I squealed taking out my towel and placing it on my chair.

“Ok then lets go” Patrick said offering his hand. I took off my shorts and gladly put my hand in his.

Sharpie whooped loudly and went running towards the pool and did a front flip into the pool.

Thank god he didn’t break his head or else I would have started laughing. Just Kidding!

We got to the edge of the pool and I poked my toe into the water. Oh My Gosh it was freezing!

“Do you wanna jump in?” Patrick asked me his blue eyes sparkling.

“Ummm How about you go first and then I’ll come in after you.” I said stalling

“Ok are you sure?” He asked

“Yup positive!” I said

He smiled and then did a cannon ball into the pool. The water splashed onto me and I freaked out. I ran around in circles shrieking.

“Come on Kels! Jump in!” Versteeg yelled from inside the pool.

“But it’s so cold!” I whined

“Yeah well the heater broke. Sorry!” Burish said while he dove in too.

“Don’t worry Kaner will keep you warm.” Joked Kopy.

“Hey now” Patrick said splashing Kopecky

“Come on Kels! JUMP! Or else we’ll make you!” Ladd cried

“Don’t be scared Kels, we wont let anything happen to you!” Hjalmarsson said.

Awhhhhh how sweet! But still NO!

“Ok ok fine!” I lied walking over to the edge.
I pretended I was going to jump but at the last second I screamed at the top of my lungs and ran back toward the house. I made it through the front door and halfway up the stairs before I felt someone grab my waist and throw me over their shoulders.

“What is it with you guys and picking me up! You throw me over your shoulder like I’m a bag of potatoes!” I screamed in protest.

“We told you we would come and get you if you didn’t jump in!” Seabrook said walking back to the pool.

I grunted and tried to wiggle out of his grasp.

“You know what!? You gave me a frickin wedgie!” I growled

“Ew. Too much Info seriously!!!” He said and I could tell he was disgusted.

Ha that’s what you get big brother!

I started freaking out because I could hear we were getting closer and closer to the pool. I lifted my head up and saw that the pool was right there. Seabrook turned around so that we were facing each other. He gave me an evil grin.

Oh good lord. He was going to kill me!

He quickly turned around and started running to the pool. I didn’t even have time to scream before he jumped into the pool. I squeezed my eyes shut and waited for the impact. Soon I felt the rush of cold water. I lifted my hands up to resurface, but I felt my elbow hit something and realized that I couldn’t reach the bottom. I quickly grabbed onto Seabrook as he swam up.

“Owwww!! Kelsey! You elbowed me in the head!” Yelled Seabrook.

“That’s what you get for basically throwing me in the water and the DEEP end!” I yelled back shivering and clinging to his body for dear life.

I looked around at all the guys in the pool and they were all cracking up.

“Sheesh I’m happy to see that I’m amusing you so much!” I snapped.

I looked around for my boyfriend and found him in the shallower end with a sympathetic look on his face, but he also had a smile in his eyes.
At least he wasn’t laughing about the whole thing.
I quickly doggie paddled over to him and smiled. I wrapped my legs around him and put my arms around his neck. He grabbed my waist and gently kissed my lips. I kissed back with a little more passion. It was like our lips were destined to be together.

“Ok geez guys save it all for later!” Seabrook said covering his eyes

Patrick chuckled as the guys tried to figure out a game.

“Hey Kaner! Can you come help us fix the grill?” Brouwer asked from the side of the pool.

Patrick groaned but I quickly said that it was ok. He gave me a quick kiss and looked at Versteeg.

“Steeger take Kelsey and make sure that the guys don’t drown her again.” Patrick said as he handed me over to the arms of Versteeg. I climbed onto his back. Patrickseemed a little tense.

“Chill , I’m not gonna steal her from you. She’s all yours.” Steeger said like he was reading his mind and Patrick’s face instantly relaxed and then he left to go fix the stupid grill.

“Hey I have a great idea! We should have a cannonball contest! Let’s see who can make the biggest splash!” Versteeg said.

Ok then well there goes my so called savior.

“Steegie you go first with Big Buff at the same time! That will make a huge splash! ” Cried Sharpie

“Is that okay with you Kels? Versteeg asked

“Yeah no problem!” I said getting off his back and treading water. I still couldn’t reach the bottom but it wasn’t too deep… I hope.

Big Buff and Steeger got up to the edge of the pool and counted down.

“3...2...1!!!” SPLASH

Might I tell you the impact wasenormous. The wave that came after they hit the water was massive. I could hear all the guy scream, and I heard a very loud annoying high pitched scream too along with all the other screams. The wave hit me and I realized the very high annoying scream was me.
The wave pulled me under water as I kicked and kicked trying to get up for air. Of course my leg decided to have a cramp at the very moment.

Are these guys trying to kill me!?

I was kicking frantically when I felt strong arms grab my hands. Whoever it was I was going to love forever and ever for saving me. The arms pulled me above water and I took in a deep breath followed with coughing, chocking, hacking and sputtering, all of these unattractive sounds coming from me. When I finally caught my breath I saw Hjalmarsson’s worried face close to mine.

“HAMMER I LOVE YOU!” I screamed squeezing the life out of poor Hjalmarsson.

Everyone else was laughing at me again!

“Ok ok fine maybe that was kinda funny!” I said starting to giggle.

Pretty soon everyone was cracking up and we couldn’t stop. We finally stopped laughing when Patrick came back.

“You know what Patrick I think I’m just going to get out of the pool before all your teammates try to kill me again.”

“Ohhh do I wanna know the story?” He asked me

“No not really” I said pulling myself out of the water and giving him a big hug.

“Thank you again Niklas Hjalmarsson, for saving my life!” I said

“No problem Kels” He said smiling.

He was definitely one of the sweetest guys I knew. With that said Patrick and I walked back to sit on the beach chair. I moved my stuff and we both sat down. I snuggled into him enjoying the smell of BBQ and the sun starting to set. There were times like these when I didn’t want them to end.

Of course the perfect picture was ruined when Brouwer said the food was ready, and the whole team jumped out of the water and stampeded to the food. I laughed to myself and got up.

“We should probably go before they eat all the food.” I said

“Yeah you’re right.” Patrick said getting up and wrapping his arm around me. We made our way to the table and sat down next to each other.

I’m Pretty sure I love this guy… I just have to tell him that.

Kane’s POV

I watched as Kelsey threw a slice of tomato at Steeger and started to laugh. She leaned her head on my shoulder as she chewed on a piece of bread.

I’m Pretty sure I’m in love with this girl… Now I just have to tell her.