chapter 14

chapter 14

Hazel and K’von both looked at each other staring like the other was from another planet. Hazel wasn’t really shocked, it was more on K’von’s part.

They both just stood their hands extended, with their weapons pointed at each other absentmindedly.

Another person came running in the door right behind K’von with his gun out as well, but quickly pointed it at Hazel when he saw her.

The guy looked at K’von with confusion before looking at Hazel again. He was the first person to break the silence.

“Aye boss, ah wah hap’um?” He said looking back and fourth at both of them.

“Hazel?” K’von said lowering his weapon. He could see the gun in her hand, but he still wouldn’t believe it. What the hell was she doing with a gun?

“What are you doing?” He said.

“K.” Hazel started. “Put the gun down.” It was the only thing she could think of to say. What else was there to say?

“Nah, nuttin’ ova yer ah go so my girl! Is yuh ah da one dat ah ga put dung fa yuh bloodclot weapon!” K’von’s solider said to Hazel.

Hazel looked at him for a split second before looking at K’von again. She was trying to look into his eyes to see what he was thinking.

“Hazel, put the gun down.” K’von said, calmly. His eyes slowly travelled to the red sleeping bag by her feet. He could tell something was in it, but he couldn’t tell what.

The thing that was irritating K’von was the fact that Hazel wouldn’t say anything. She was just standing there looking lost.

Suddenly when the guy took a step closer, Hazel snapped out of her trance. She shifted her eyes to the guy but kept the gun trained on K’von.

“Don’t move.” She said to the guy, with the barrel of her pistol pointing toward K’von’s chest. “You wouldn’t wanna be the reason your friend’s heart gets blown out.”

K’von looked at her with hurt, and anger. He really couldn’t believe it. The whole time Xavier was being annoying, pestering in his ear about this girl he would push it to the back of his mind. But now he could see the truth.

Why hadn’t he listened?

“You got a gun raised to me?”

“I think it’s a pistol babe.” Hazel said mockingly. She knew she shouldn’t be trying to provoke him at a time like this but at the same time she was thinking why not provoke him?

What’s there to loose anymore? Whether she could walk out of here alive, based on another well told lie, how long could she keep running anyway?

“Gyal, mi nah like fi repeat mi self. Mi say fi put it mudda scunt dung!” Charlie said referring to the pistol in Hazel’s hand.

K’von looked at Charlie from over his shoulder. “It's okay, don't sh—”

The room suddenly burst into a loud eruption for a moment, and when K’von got a proper look at Charlie he was laying on the ground, with half a head.
I
“K, I don’t want you to be next. Please don’t make me hurt you. Just—”

K’von started to laugh. It was a genuine laugh, his eyes lit up and he put hand up blocking his mouth.

“Wow, you are one crazy bitch. Who the fuck are you? So I bet most of what you told me where lies. Is Hazel even your name?” He said wiping tears from his eyes, from laughing so hard.

“Yes, many things I told you are not true about me but Hazel is not fake. Neither are my feelings for you K—”

“Bitch shut the fuck up!” He growled in anger raising his own gun so fast Hazel didn't even see it. What the hell was wrong with this girl?

“You didn’t even hesitate to just shoot this nigga,” K’von said using the back of his foot to point to a dead Charlie.

“And I won’t hesitate to shoot you either if you don’t listen to me and let me explain. I’m sure there are plenty more bullets in here.” She said.

Hazel was basically talking out her ass. She was surprised the first bullet came out. This wasn’t her gun after all so she had no idea if that one bullet was the only one. But K’von didn’t know that.

He so badly wanted to just pop her. But whatever feelings he had for her was the only thing holding him back.

“My name is Hazel Evans and I’m a contract killer.”

K’von nodded his head and bit his bottom lip. He felt like the dumbest fuck alive.

“I was hired to kill your cousin Damion for business purposes. I met him at a club, we talked for a bit and right after we decided to leave…” Hazel started to sniffle. This time she wasn’t acting. For once she felt really bad for what she did, not for what she did to Damion but for what she was did to K’von. She killed his cousin then lied about the whole thing.

“…I thought we would go to his house where I would be able to kill him there but he wasn’t having that. Instead, we stopped at the trap house which is the night I met you.”

K’von nodded. He remembered that, which was the same night she must have killed him. The same night he believed her. The same night he let the woman who killed his family into his home, around his family.

“Then after we hung there for a few minutes we left. We were driving to my house since he wouldn’t go to his but I thought right then and there this was the perfect opportunity. The road was dark, nobody was there…so I just pulled out the gun, and—”

“Killed my cousin.”

“No,” Hazel shook her head. She was now getting to the hard part. “I hesitated and he smacked the gun out my hand. So we wrestled for it a bit and I managed to kick him in the head and run!” By now she broke down, crying like a six-year-old.

K’von just stood there staring at her emotionlessly. He wanted to hear her side but this time he wouldn’t let her see how he was feeling.

“He shot at me but missed. But then, it was like he came out of nowhere and he tackled m-m-me on the ground and he…and he,”

Hazel moved side to side nervously while snot dripped out her nose and tears poured out her eyes like a leaky faucet. She didn’t want to relive this moment.

“He raped me…”

K’von had a hard time believing that. Damion did do a lot of terrible shit but raping someone? He wouldn’t ever put it past him, but he just didn’t believe it.

“He raped you?” K’von said sarcastically. That instantly angered Hazel. From the tone of his voice she could tell he thought she was lying.

“YES AND HE KEPT LAUGHING AN-AND JOKING ABOUT IT! HE WAS FUCKING SINGING WHILE HE WAS HUMILIATING ME ON A FUCKING ISOLATED ROAD IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!” She screamed.

“So what did you expect him to do? Give you flowers? You just tried to take his life.”

“Yeah and I did.” Hazel shrugged. “But we could work this out. All you have to do is forgive me, a-a-and we could runaway and—”

Runaway. “You want me to leave my family for you? After all this shit you telling me?”

“K junior could come, I promise I’ll treat him like my own damn son. Please, you said you loved me!”

“You said it too baby girl, and obviously you didn’t mean it. You ready to kill me over what someone else did to you. You wouldn’t even put that damn gun down.”

“Where’s Xavier?”

She shook her head letting him know she wouldn’t answer.

K’von nodded. He had a pretty good idea he was in that sleeping bag. “So you killed Damion, then Xavier right after expecting me to think your sorry?”

Hazel dropped the gun in her hand and fell to her knees. “I’m done! I don’t want to lie to you anymore, I I don’t want to hurt you anymore! So please, I’m sorry… I love you! Forgive me!”

K’von dropped his gun also and walked over to Hazel and bent down until they were eye level. She was so scared of what he would do but she was surprised when he grabbed her into a tight hug.

She gripped his neck tighter and cried even harder. She was letting out all the hurt and pain she’s ever felt through those tears.

After a minute of letting her cry K’von pulled Hazel’s lips to his and gave her the most passionate kiss she’s ever gotten.

“K, I—” Hazel’s eyes widened as she looked at K’von with disbelief. She felt a sharp pain travel through her and she gripped the side of her neck.

_____________________________

A/N: I'm deciding to end this story on the next chapter!! :)