chapter 8

chapter 8

"This place is really nice," Hazel said looking around the restaurant.

"Yeah this use to be Damion's favorite spot." K'von said looking dead at her.

Hazel shivered at the name. "Oh," She smiled.

"You good?" He said seeing the slight scowl on her face.

"Uh-huh, um, hey you mind if I ask you something?" Hazel asked making circles on the desk with her finger.

"Go 'head." K'von said leaning back in the chair.

"I have never seen you with your son, ever, why is that?" She asked. She really didn't care why but it was just something to ask.

"I'm a lil' busy, I have things to figure out right now but trust me I'll have time for him later." He said. "Why?"

Hazel shrugged, "Just a question." She said truthfully. "You know...your wife told me what happened, you called her my name."

K'von's face was blank as day like he wanted to know what her point was.

"Geez I didn't even do anything and you saying my name already," She joked.

Buzz. Buzz.

"Hold that," K'von said getting up and walking out the restaurant to take the call.

Damn this mufucka stay serious. It's gon' be tough to crack him.

She thought. She looked at him through the window talking on his phone.

She took that as her oppoutinty to call Pack, the man who hired her to kill Damion, but his phone rang out straight to voicemail. She tried again and got the same thing.

Just when she was going to try one last time she saw K'von come walking back to the table and she slipped her phone back into her purse.

"Everything okay?"

"Everything cool." He said looking around for a waiter.

A fair-skin woman with brown shoulder length dreads came over to the table and eyed Hazel.

"Welcome, is what ya'll deh want?" An accent was there, but not deep enough to the point where they couldn't understand her. Or at least for Hazel because K'von seemed to only be around that all the time.

"Jerk chicken and rice, gimme a Red Stripe to drink." K'von said.

"And you miss?" The lady said turning to Hazel.

"Oxtail with rice and peas, um, can I just have a cream soda please, thank you." Hazel said turning back to K'von.

She noticed the lady still standing there and she looked back at her ready to go off.

"Is there a reason you all up in my face?" She said with a raised eyebrow.

The lady ignored her and walked away.

"Why you so rude?" K'von said.

Hazel looked at him, she almost forgot he was there. "Wow, this is the first time I've heard you speak." She said sarcastically.

"I prefer not to." K'von said crossing his arms.

"Hm, I noticed, you prefer to talk with your hands."

He tilted his head to the side a little and shook his head. "Yeah a little."

Hazel tilted her head. "That's not how kingpins move. Like right now, aren't you suppose to have bodyguards around and all that stuff?"