chapter 5

chapter 5

Hazel quickly ran into the bathroom and got into the shower. She scrubbed her skin so hard it turned red. It felt like Damion had violated her five minutes ago even though it’s been one month.

She had been calculating her plan on how she would go up to K’von and clear her name, and try to make something up about not being in Damion’s murder.

It wasn’t that Hazel wanted to clear her name because she was scared of K’von, after all she was a trained killer so she would have no problem putting him in the dirt if he tested her. The problem was he had an army behind him and no matter how good her murder game was an army beat one person.

After drying her skin she put her hair in a messy ponytail and slipped on a grey sweatsuit before grabbing her purse and opening the front door to be staring down the barrel of two shotguns.

“Gal mi want yuh fi make a sound see if yuh friend dem nah walk yuh out inna a funeral box.” The dark skin Jamaican said.

Hazel looked from the two men, she wasn’t as scared as she should’ve been because she had a clue who they probably were. Hearing the accent meant they had to  be associated with Damion.

“Bitch come here!” The one with the American accent hissed snatching her by her hair. “Standing there looking stupid, walk yo ass on out!” He barked shoving her in front of him making her walk.

“And keep ya muthafuckin’ hands were I could see em’ bitch for I blow them shits off!” 

If this was a funny moment Hazel might’ve laughed but she knew it might not be so funny in a couple of minutes, and that’s what kept her face straight.

Fuck!

They got outside and a big, black Escalade jeep was parked in front of the complex, one of the men got in first followed by Hazel then the other. She sat between the two trying to figure out how her story would go. 

She looked at the driver and she could swear she’d seen him somewhere before.

“Did you have to come get me in my condo where other people in the building could see—”

“Hoe shut the fuck up! I don’t give a damn about you bein’ no female I’ll fold yo dumbass up in here! You lucky I didn’t kill every mufucka in ya building!” Xavier said shaking his head. 

“Talkin’ some dumb shit, bitch what you think this is!? I shoulda fucked you up in ya building! Let everyone see that!” He barked.

Hazel gritted her teeth and decided to keep her mouth shut, she had too, it wasn’t like she was in the position to act reckless so she just kept quiet for the rest of the ride.

She looked out the windows to try and get an idea of where they might be headed but she still had no clue. Getting tired of guessing she sighed and rested her head back on the seat for one second before looking in the mirror in the front of the car and her eyes looked with the man who was driving.

She instantly remembered them as one of the Jamaicans who kept staring at her when they were at the place Damion took her to. She averted her eyes quickly and looked down at her fingers.

“Hey,” 

Hazel looked up to see the aggressive guy talking to his partner in crime. 

“Yo Black you sure this the girl?” 

Black looked at Hazel’s face and she immediately remembered him too from that night, he was the one who opened the door for her and Damion.

“A she dat.” He said casually.

Black.

She could see Xavier eyeing her from out the corner of her eye but she didn’t budge.

“Tryna think about what you did, huh? Triflin’ ass bitch. What are you one of them chicks that like to set nigga’s up and pop em’ for they shit?” Xavier smirked shaking his head.

“Leave da gal alone man.” Black said getting irritated.

Xavier sucked his teeth. “Nigga why? That’s yo girl now?”

“Please don’t hurt me.” Hazel whimpered. Better to start laying her game down now.

“Yo, if I have to tell you to shut up one more time.” Xavier said.

Hazel’s head quickly snapped in the other direction when she heard the Jamaican guy speak.

“Just nah talk.” He said more nicely. She knew he wasn’t trying to be friendly but she liked him way better than the other one.

In about twenty minutes the Escalade pulled up to a gigantic mansion estate. Two guards stand at the side up the gates pointing guns at the car.

The driver rolled the window down and said something no-one heard and the guard pressed a intercom built into the marble on the gate and a voice sounded.

“Who is this?”

“A mi boss, we get di gal fa yuh.” 

“Aight, send her in.” He said.
                              ***********

K’von rubbed his hands together in anticipation. It took shorter than he expected. He thought it might’ve taken a couple months to find her.

Part of him thought she ran out the country. There were definitely perks to being a boss.

His son K’von jr. broke his thoughts when he suddenly started crying. 

K’von looked at him and smiled. “You sad? You want the snake-ass bitch that killed you’re uncle to pay?” He said picking him up.

“Oh so now you wanna treat him like he’s somebody.” Chyna said standing in the doorway of jr.’s bedroom.

K’von sucked his teeth and put his son back down in his play-pin. “Man, not now.” 

“Yeah, whatever.” She said rolling her eyes and retreating back to their bedroom.

“Chyna!” K’von yelled and seconds later she appeared back in the doorway.

“Come take him. I have some shit to handle, Black and them found the bitch that killed Damion.”

Chyna raised her eyebrows a little shocked from the news. “It was a girl?” She said more to herself.

“Yeah, I told you she was in the car with Damion the night he died. They caught her, she comin’ up right now so I need you to keep a eye on him.” K’von said nodding toward the baby.

“Okay. And K, don’t do nothing stupid, remember you should always forgive and forget,” She said giving him a quick peck on the cheek.

He was hearing but he wasn’t tryna listen to what she was saying. Forgive and forget the bitch that killed his family? 

He might forget about her after she was 6ft. in the ground but he would never forgive.

He quickly walked out the bedroom and walked down the long, granite staircase. As soon as he saw her he recognized her right away.

She was crying while Black and Xavier was holding her. K’von smiled.

“So you thought you could get away from me huh?” He asked her ignoring her crying.

He was just itching to smack the mascara off her face but he needed to ask some questions before he best her like a nigga off the street.

“Why’d you do it? Why’d you kill him?” 

Hazel would never tell him the real reason. It was nothing personal it was a business request but he didn’t need to know that.

“I didn’t!” She screamed.

All of K’von’s logic about asking questions first went out the window as he smacked her so hard her head rocked back.

Hazel was seeing stars already. But she was gonna take it like a warrior and just hope her story got through. At least Damion hit a little harder... “I didn’t kill anybody! Please! You have to believe!” She broke down crying. Half of her really was crying because she made herself think that if her story wasn’t good she was gonna be in the dirt half an hour from now.
“Oh so you didn’t kill him? So who did?” K’von asked sarcastically. He knew she was lying but he decided to entertain her answer for a minute.

“After we left we were driving, talking and stuff and we pulled up at this red light, this guy kept looking over at us and I was getting scared, Damion was a little tipsy so the only thing he kept saying was he’ jealous because you not in his car, but I don’t think he understood how serious it was—”

“Man you don’t believe this bullshit do you!?” Xavier busted out saying looking from K’von to even Black who seemed a little like Hazel was telling the truth.

She could almost smile. She deserved an Oscar award for her performance. If this was a smile-worthy moment all 32 of her white teeth would’ve been showing but right now she had to fight for her life.

K’von put a hand up to shut Xavier up and keep her explaining.

“So we’re still sitting there and I’m trying to get back into the conversation but I couldn’t, this guy would not stop lookin’ at us, so out of nowhere he rolled his window down and started pumping shots into the car…” She paused and let a stream of tears pour down her face to make it convincible. 

“I started screaming and I got out the car somehow and just ran without looking. I guess Damion got hit and that’s how he…how he died.”

After hearing her K’von really couldn’t say if he believed her or not, it was hard to believe some random person just shot at them for no reason, but it could’ve been someone Damion knew. He was always in some type of beef. Drama seemed to follow him everywhere.

K’von squinted his eyes. “So why’d you run? You just left him there to bleed to death. Why didn’t you call the cops?”

“Because I was scared! Because of this right here! They’ll think exactly when you’re thinking! That I did it! That I was the one who killed him! So that’s why I was hiding. Please you have to believe me…”

K’von gritted his teeth in contemplation. He wanted to take her word for it but he had to be smarter than that. His gut was telling him to kill the bitch but his heart was telling him, let her go.

“I’m afraid the people that killed Damion will come and find me and because I was a witness, I’ll be next.” Hazel whispered putting the icing on the cake.

He stared at her. Stared hard. He really couldn’t tell.  Looking at her you would never be able to tell the girl would be able to take someone else’s life.

So against his better judgement K’von went with it. “…I want you to stay here for a while.”

Hazel couldn’t believe what she just heard. She was now in the enemies home.  meant her little lie got through. Now she was in. And it was destruction time.

A/N: PLEASE COMMENT <3 TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK? :3