chapter 12

chapter 12

Hazel walked into the office building, and straight past the receptionist who was calling out to her.

She walked into the elevator and the doors closed behind her. She rolled her eyes knowing when the elevator stopped on her floor, she wouldn’t make it down the hall before she was stopped by the security.

The elevator doors opened and one of the guards yanked her out and slammed her against the wall.

“Damn, relax.” She laughed, putting her hands up. “I’m just here to see Pack.”

“You have an appointment? You ain’t stop by the front desk.”

“I don’t need an appointment, I’m special.” She winked.

“Well so is this glock on my waist.” He hissed. “Now either you gon’ walk yo ass on out this building, or my .38 could escort you to the afterlife.”

The sarcastic, playful attitude Hazel had, vanished. She didn’t like his tone—or the way he was handling her.

“Get your hands off of me!” She said sternly.

“Bitch!” The man said lifting her off her feet by her collar, and slamming her back on the wall.

“You think I’m playing games wit’ you?” 

“Yo! Yo! It’s cool, Pack said send her in.” Another guard said from down the hall.

Hazel and the man had a stare down for at least five more seconds before she straightened out her wrinkled up collar.

“Thank you.” She said, with a smile, mocking him. She was steaming inside, but she’d get her revenge.

Hazel continued down the hall, but was searched by the other man who had just confirmed her visit with Pack.

“Your not suppose to search me you know, your not a female guard.” 

He looked up at her for a split second, then went back to patting her down, ignoring her.

“Your hands are really warm.” She flirted. 

Looking at him Hazel thought to herself that he was really cute. She would definitely get on that but she was here for different purposes.

“You finished?” Hazel asked with a raised eyebrow. He seemed to he enjoying the searching her just as much as she was liking it.

He nodded and let her walk inside the office.

What brings you by?” Pack asked casually leaning back in his chair an folding his arms on the desk.

“I wanna know some info about somebody. Guy named K’von, you know him?” Hazel asked.

Pack squinted his eyes, trying to see if the name rang any bells. “…K’von? Hm, I know I heard the name before. Is he from Brooklyn?”

“I think so.”

Pack nodded his head. “Yeah okay I got someone, his name is K’von Reece, he’s a kingpin you know. He’s actually um, that guy I sent you after, he’s uhhh, Damion’s cousin.”

“I know.”

“I don’t know him personally but I talked to him a few times…he’s a lil’ weird.”

Hazel smiled unintentionally. “He’s really soft, and sensitive, not weird.”

“You messin’ wit’ him?” Pack asked. 

“Just a little bit.” She admitted.

“You know, that’s not a smart move baby girl.”

“I know what I’m doing dad.” Hazel said sarcastically.

“Whatever, just as long as it don’t mess up my business. But one thing about him you should know. When I first met him he seemed kinda like a…bitch.”

Hazel frowned playfully  “Okay he is not a bitch, shut up!” She laughed covering her mouth.

“Nah on the real. Like he come off as a busta. If I didn’t know better I wouldn’t have expected someone like him to be a kingpin, lot’s of nigga’s try to test him cause’ they think he soft…”

Hazel nodded her head while she listened. She thought the same thing about him all the time. From the way he dressed down to his attitude. It was kind of hard to take him seriously.

“But don’t underestimate him, he might not be the stereotypical boss you see walking around with a ‘fuck the world attitude’. From what I heard he only play’s that part, he might seem like an easy target but I’m saying to you he ain’t as soft as he look.”

Hazel nodded, keeping that in mind.

“Anything else you need to know?”

“Uh, yeah actually.” Hazel said remembering she didn’t know where Xavier’s house was. “Tell me what you know about a dude name Xavier…”

                          ******************

Xavier walked into his loft. Turning on the lights. The first thing he did was sit on his sofa and pull out his cellphone.

All along he knew he had been right.

That bitch was a fuckin’ killer. Just like he said.

He knew this because Pack only messed with killers and shit like that. Even the first day him and Black had caught her in her apartment he knew something was off about her.

Her reaction wasn’t normal. For someone being taken out their home by two guys, and forced into a jeep, you would expect a reaction a little more hysterical.

But not her. She reacted like someone in that type of lifestyle.

Xavier put his phone to his ear, waiting for Black to pick up.

He was ready to spread the news like a bitch waitin’ to gossip. But it wasn’t that he gossiping—he just wanted to finally let everyone who doubted his assumption from jump, that Hazel was not the ‘victim’ they all thought she was.

“Man, I told you!” Xavier started, as soon as he  heard black pick up on the other line.

“Tell mi wah?” Black said already getting irritated.

Xavier sucked his teeth, “About K’von lil’ girlfriend!  I told ya’ll that bitch was foul, guess what?”

“Xavier, yuh done know mi nah inna dem game deh, mi nah ah di time fi guess and stress, just tell me is wah yuh de call mi—”

“Aight, aight, nigga damn. You know that girl K’von had chillin’ out at his crib? She walked into that place that Pack own. You know Pack that hire hitmen and shit? She ain’t even know I saw her go into that bitch, I told ya’ll her ass was a murderer.”

Black sucked his teeth, “Bwoi, yuh still pon dis?”

“Still on what?! Nigga I was right! Fuck you mean? Shit, she might be plannin’ to smoke yo ass right now.”

Black huffed, “Well if yuh believe she a kill, is wah yuh want fi do? Take she out or tell K’von bout’ it?”

“Imma tell that nigga bout’ his chick, then Imma kill the bitch, plain and simple. I’ll call later.” He said hanging up without giving Black a chance to respond.

Xavier dialed K’von’s number next, the moment of truth. 

“Hello?”

Xavier grinned like a cheshire cat. “Yo K, I got some shit to tell you…”

                        *********

Hazel got into a cab, toward’s Xavier’s house. No thanks to Pack she was gonna find the place on her own. Pack couldn’t find anything on Xavier.

So she called K’von. As soon as she heard his voice she smiled without even realizing it.

“Hey baby—I mean K, what’s up?” 

He laughed a little bit. “I don’t know ma, you tell me you called remembered?” 

“Ouch.” She smiled. “So that mean you don’t wanna hear from me?”

“Yeah I wanna hear from you, but you gonna get a nigga in trouble I’m not suppose to be talking to you but—”

“I love you.” She said.

“…What?”

A small smile came onto her face. “I said I love you. Look I know I hardly know you or anything to be saying shit like this but…I love you I really do, you don’t have to say it back—”

“I love you too, ma.”

Hazel smiled. “Really?”

“Yeah…but check it, I’m really, really sorry to ruin the moment but gotta go, what is it you called me for?”

“I need some directions on how to get to your boy’s house.” Hazel said rolling her eyes.

“What you mean? Where are you? I thought ya’ll was in the car together.”

“Long story. I had to make a stop and he left me.”

“Aight, take Pennsylvania avenue and turn on Blake, go all the way down the block, it’s the third house on the right.”

“Okay, talk to you soon?”

“Yeah, matter fact this him calling right now. Bye ma.”

Hazel sighed and rested her head on the backseat of the cab, thinking hard.

She really shouldn’t have confessed her feelings to K’von. 

She needed to figure out what she was gonna do.

When the taxi stopped on the block Hazel paid him and followed K’von’s orders going to the third house on the right.

Hazel walked up to the door and turned the knob and surprisingly the door was open. Dumb ass nigga.

The first thing Hazel saw was Xavier on his couch talking on the phone. 

He still didn’t hear her come through the door so she shut it gently and slowly crept toward him.

“Yes! Yo K man, I’m telling you…huh?…yeah, you know Pack that be hiring the killers? Yup! She fuck with him! I been telling y’all that!”

Hazel was mortified. Did Xavier really just tell K’von what she was doing. Would K’von believe him?

Hazel grit her teeth. All she was seeing was red at this point. Her fists clenched and she kept creeping toward him, until she was hovering right over him.

“So what you wanna do?…yeah…uh-huh…man as soon as that bitch come through the door Imma—”

Hazel quickly rested both of her hands on the sides of Xavier’s head and snapped his head to the side violently, cracking his neck.

The phone dropped out his hand and he fell over into the couch with his head twisted into an awkward position.

Hazel had to move quickly, she didn’t know if K'von would believe her, but if not better to be prepared.

A/N: I know I took forever to update but I had writers block :/ (sorry) and also other things to do peeps, but anyways I'm working on new stories and stuff and getting ready to take regents in a couple of days. Hope you guys liked it! Tell me what you think! :))