"Why now? Why not talk to me first?"

Pietro kicked at the rocks and she watched them tumble over each other like water, and if she tried hard enough, she could almost picture young Pietro picking up stones near their home and collecting them for her. He used to tell her that he'd build her a home with stones and wood, and that no one but her would be able to enter it.

She hated that he always thought of her first, and never himself.

"I wanted to leave two months ago, but I know how close you've gotten with that...that squirrel you call a friend." She smacked his arm, and he chuckled, lightening the mood tremendously.

"Leave him alone; he's not a squirrel."

"Every time I see him he's either chasing after something or babbling about who knows what."

"Doesn't make him a squirrel, just a very...excited person."

"He's still a squirrel."

She tried not to smile, but the overwhelming feeling of joy caught on her lips, and she soon found herself giggling with her brother, allowing the boiling anger inside of her settle.

She'd find a way to say goodbye to Nik without actually saying goodbye, and all she could hope for was that he'd understand.

He would understand, she knew that, but it still didn't take away the pain that would soon follow. Even after seven months of healing that emptiness she felt being away from the team, it still hurt her to think about it. And now she was going to have to relive that feeling with Nik.

It wasn't fair to her, or to anyone she had to leave behind whenever she was forced to go away.

___

The doors to cerebro opened up, and Emma stepped inside, her heels clicking against the floor as she made her way toward Charles.

He had called her in two hours ago, and she knew exactly what for.

"It's very risky allowing me in this room, Charles. Are you sure you aren't ill?"

His chuckle echoed through the sphere-shaped room, and Emma approached his seat and stared at the walls surrounding them. Even without Charles' helmet on, she could still feel the power of the mutants that he was tracking. Their souls grabbed at her mind, and she had to blink repeatedly in order to get them out of her head.

"Everyone who has stepped foot in this room, Emma, has earned my trust in some way, shape, or form. That applies to you, as well."

"I'm flattered, Charles."

"I'm sure you are aware of why I've asked you to join me here, yes?"

"Wanda," she stated, crossing her arms. The necklace around her neck holding one of Sharon's claws rubbed against her skin, and she desperately tried not to think of her once good friend while around Charles. But she knew he sensed her pain anyway.

"Perhaps another time would be better—"

"It's fine, Charles," she assured him. "So, you'd like to discuss Wanda. Are you having concerns?"

He took his helmet off and placed it on his lap, and Emma's fingers twitched as she stared down at it, wondering if one day she'd be able to use it. "The twins are returning tomorrow, and it would be much appreciated if you would bring her over this week. I want to assess her powers in person, just to get a feel as to how strong she actually is."

She was nervous, but she didn't show it, and she simply nodded her head at Charles and stared off at the wall. Wanda and Pietro had been gone seven months, and Emma had begun to think they weren't going to return, but now, after hearing Charles confirm their return, she had no idea how to feel.

In their absence, she had continued her work with the mutants, and even found herself spending time with Tony. They both didn't mind it, in fact, they both knew why she was there and why he was allowing it: she needed a distraction from Sharon just as much as he needed one from the twins.

An outlet the both of them would never ask for, but required.

"I'll bring her over before the end of the week. It's best she get settled in before I start dragging her everywhere."

"I agree," he said, and she began to turn away, but Charles spoke before she could even take a step. "I don't like what I feel when I look into her mind; the power she possesses—that magic—is what worries me. If I can't help her, I fear for the day she decides to unleash it completely."

Emma's heart sunk, and she clenched her jaw as her head spun. It irked her that Charles felt this way about Wanda, because Emma had felt that power as well, but she refused to look too deep into it, afraid of what she'd find.

But she'd put her trust into Charles that he would help Wanda, because if someone as powerful as him couldn't do it, then no one else could. 

*****************************

A/N: Uhhhh, who's Nik?!?

Welcome back my lovely readers!! It's only been a week but I lowkey miss everything about updating regularly lmao! But yeah, here's the prologue to the sequel, and I will be posting chapter 1 in a few days:)

I will not be writing about what happened in the 7 months that Wanda and Pietro were away, or about Nik (the mysterious new character) because that will be saved for a later time. But I hope you guys are excited about this sequel as much as I am!!

Also it's spring break so I'll be fixing Agony and I am going to remove typos, plot holes, etc. Just so that it's a smoother read! Alright, I'll talk to you guys later:D